News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

No more Beamish?

Started by mehan, June 30, 2009, 05:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehan

Anyone have any idea what they will have on tap this year now that Beamish is no longer being made? Ya think they will go back to Fordhams?  I know that the switch to Beamish wasn't all that popular, but I liked the fact that it was much lower ABV than the Fordhams oyster stout. 

Scotsman

How do we know there is no more Beamish? I doubt Fordham will come back unless Sam Adams disappears ... I miss the Fordham B&T!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lairde Guardn

I thought the Beamish was great......maybe now they will serve Guinness.....
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Scotsman

Quote from: Lairde Guardn MCrack on June 30, 2009, 06:25:26 AM
I thought the Beamish was great......maybe now they will serve Guinness.....

We should be so lucky! Guinness I wish!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

mehan

I am always the last to know things, but I was noodling around looking for the actual ABV of Beamish and found the article that the plant closed down 5/30/09.  Heiniken purchased them and announced the closing last December.  I am just assuming that, although you can probably still find some around, they wouldn't take on something at faire that was in finite quantities.

Scotsman

You are my dream lass ... keeping up with beer news!
You just moved to the top of my Christmas card list!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Lady Guinness

....thank goodness Beamish is gone...it was a Guinness wanna be....

RSLeask

... long as they have a stout.  It's a sad, sad day when you can't get a good stout off the tap.
What's a Grecian Urn?  Are we talking union, or non-union?

coemghen

Is Heineken the new evil empire of beer and stout?  Not only have they stopped distribution of Beamish outside of Ireland, they're controlling the manufacture and distribution of Guinness in Spain. http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/ididaueyey/

Personally, I would love to have Guinness at the Maryland Renaissance Festival.  Yummmmmmmmy!  My fave!
Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Nailin

gee wiz i want to be top ten on scotsmans christmas card list...lucky duck...maybe someone (cough....scotsman) could convince them to serve Guinness
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

Dallan

fingers are crossed for Guinness
Fight'n

Scotsman

Quote from: Nailin on July 15, 2009, 08:50:33 PM
maybe someone (cough....scotsman) could convince them to serve Guinness

I would settle for Smithwicks ... they would double their beer sales if they switched to Guinness product, I have no doubt about that!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Dallan

There is a joke in there somewhere about you switching to Lady Guinness and beer sales; I just can't seem to find it. I must be getting old...or sober.
Fight'n

RSLeask

Quote from: Dallan on July 22, 2009, 02:44:00 PM
There is a joke in there somewhere about you switching to Lady Guinness and beer sales; I just can't seem to find it. I must be getting old...or sober.

... someone said something about tapping the Guinness?

>.>
What's a Grecian Urn?  Are we talking union, or non-union?

Scotsman

HeHeHe ... careful, thats my wife ... if there is any tapping of the Guinness ... er ... forget it! Damn you Dallan!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56