News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Anyone in Texas know this Vendor???

Started by SleepyArcher, May 20, 2008, 01:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Var Greyshadow

Sleepy, how did your pirate coat turn out?  I've been thinking about ordering one from her and would love some feedback from someone who actually has one.  (It'd be for TRF in the fall, so I've got time to wait her out.)
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Sir. Kindle

As I'm sure you've read, I had a very similar thing happen (I'm the one that wrote the "I need some help/advice" thread a couple down).

I'm glad to hear that you got your garb and that you are happy with them. I had a similar problem with the waist being a bit big as well. Seems she likes to make them a bit big. I had it taken in a bit and added belt straps to mine, so I have a place to hang all my accouterments. It might not be historically accurate, but it is convenient.

My advice to anyone buying garb from her is to give yourself plenty of time, but tell her you need them at least a month or two earlier than you actually do. That way, you can keep bugging her if she's running late, but, hopefully, still get them before you really need them.

I know this doesn't say much about her ability to run on time, but she does make some nice looking garb.

I hope everyone else who's having problems gets them worked out soon.

Sir. Kindle

LOL

I just noticed how long ago this thread was made. I guess you had your problem resolved loooong before I even had my first outfit made by her.  :D

SleepyArcher

My pirate coat was really nice and it fit perfectly. I had to sell it due to I sent her wool to make an "authentic" coat and its just way too hot for where I live. But it was really nice. My doublet and pants as I have said before were a bit off in the measurements-hers or mine who knows but I have had a lot of compliments on it out at fest. She does really nice work it just takes her a long time. I had my other pirate coat made by another lad and it is more awesome. I loooooove it! If anyone would like to try a different person let me kow and I can try and dig up the name. Both of these women were on ebay. But I have to say the second lady was better. Virginia did make an extra pair of slops for me at no charge. So I have a long pair and really short pair that I wear when Im a FOP.

Sleepy
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.