News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

King's Crossing Vineyard & Winery Renaissance Festival

Started by Rowan MacD, July 03, 2009, 08:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

August 29th, 2009  Kings Crossing Winery Renaissance Festival in western Iowa.  I am passing the info along from my SCA Barony, who will be a demo there.
  You may note that the website shows the wrong date.  According to the Email from the winery requesting interested vendors; the festival will be the 29th (Saturday) and not the 26th (which is a Wednesday) of August.
  I have never attended this myself.  I didn't make the 2008 event due to my mundane job, and very possibly will have to work this year so unfortunately can't give any first hand info on the festival.

http://www.kingscrossingvineyard.com/index.htm

King's Crossing Vineyard & Winery
Renaissance Festival
August 29th, 2009
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Renee Buchanan

When I saw "Iowa," I thought, "great, a faire in Iowa we can go to."

Then I Yahoo Map'd it.  Almost 6 hours each way, since we're in NW Illinois.  Sorry to say, we will have to miss this one.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Rowan MacD

I don't know if I'll be able to either, and it's just 30 minutes from my place, just west of Omaha.
 I sent an email to the owner to let her know I would post it here, in case anybody nearby Glenwood, Ia.  can make it.
 Last year the weather did not cooperate with them, and I do believe it was the first year they
held it.  Since they already do 'medieval feasts' (that sounds interesting) It probably is not a big jump
to do a small fair.
 James arthur vineyards already does one here in Nebraska, and I attend that whenever I can.
No jousts and no sports other than fencing and the SCA, but it is still a pleasant afternoon, and it's free.
 I noted the King's Crossing fair is also on the opening weekend of the Des Moines Fair.

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

I asked permission from the owners before posting the vendor and entertainer information here.
 I didn't know how much of either they were providing themselves, but it looks like there are some
vending opportunities. Following is the e-mail from Karen Foster, in response to my offer to post her event:
Thank you very much for posting us on the Ren. Site.
We have quite a bit of entertainment lined-up, but would like to know about other options.
We could really use more vendors at this point, so if you have a line on merchandise vendors
that you could share, that would be great.

Thanks again,
Karen Foster

King's Crossing Vineyard & Winery
53086 260th St
Glenwood, IA   51534
(712) 526-2873

I would post to the Faire Updates thread but this is a tiny, one day fair.  
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

The owners of King Crossing have submitted this on the Fair updates!  More info on that post.

~Rowen
IWG wench #3139 

Lady Karen

Hi,

This is Karen Foster from King's Crossing Vineyard & Winery.  I'm just learning how to use this site, but am pleased to have a site dedicated to Renaissance Festivals.  Our festival is small, but a lot of fun.  We are paired-up with our neighbors who own an antique shop.  They do civil war re-inactments down south, so are familiar with role playing.  They also have an old cannon pulled by Percherons which they will be firing off every 1/2 hour or hour to alert patrons of the next event.  Our festival seems to be leaning more toward the Celtic traditions and music with Highland dancers, bagpipers, the Scottish Prairie Plaide band, etc. 

We are still firming up the entertainment and demonstrations.  We would love to have more vendors.  We are only charging $30 for the day.  You would need your own tent and chairs and costume, of course.  See the festival posting or our website for more details.  www.kingscrossingvineyard.com  And "Yes" we make Mead!

Thanks to PD for posting our festival and making me aware of this neat website.

Karen

Bev the Bossy

We'll be there demonstrating our pottery.

Oh and just to clarify, this faire does not conflict with DMRF.
DMRF's opening weekend is Sept 5-7 (Labor Day weekend) HUZZAH!!
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." M. Gandhi

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Bev the Bossy on July 28, 2009, 05:07:32 PM
We'll be there demonstrating our pottery.

Oh and just to clarify, this faire does not conflict with DMRF.
DMRF's opening weekend is Sept 5-7 (Labor Day weekend) HUZZAH!!

My Bad!  I forgot to change the dates when Lady Karen changed the site to show the correct dates. That was sloppy of me.   :-[
    Right now it is looking like I won't be able to make this one.
    The preliminary office schedule for August shows us working on the 29th until noon.  Sucks.  I have a new dress too (pout).

~Rowen

IWG wench #3139 

Lady Karen

See our website at www.kingscrossingvineyard.com for our Renaissance Festival Entertainment Schedule, Vendor List and Demonstrators and Street Performers List.

This will be loads of fun.  Admission is $10 for 12 and over, $5 for 5-11 years old, and Free for under 5.

Lady Karen :D

Roryhawke

I can't seem to get the information on the events page of the website to load.

Rowan MacD

Looks like great weather for Saturday! 70 degrees and mostly sunny.  David and I are going to try to get out there after work for at least a few hours.

~Rowen
IWG wench #3139 

Roryhawke

Look's like we may be able to make this one if nothing goes wrong between now and tomorrow morning.

Rowan MacD

It was a wonderful day!  David and I made it out for a couple of hours (sadly, not in garb) long enough to score some chocalate chip shortbread, ribs and wine.
   Lovely weather, and a grand turn out!
  Good to see our good friends and happy to make more.

Huzzah!
~Rowen and David
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

2010 Kings crossing Vineyard  and Winery Renaissance faire.

See our website at www.kingscrossingvineyard.com for our Renaissance Festival Entertainment Schedule, Vendor List and Demonstrators and Street Performers List.

This will be loads of fun.  Admission is $10 for 12 and over, $5 for 5-11 years old, and Free for under 5.

August 21st, 2010
IWG wench #3139