News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

meet and greet this weekend?

Started by laedyfaire, July 06, 2009, 07:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laedyfaire

HI..we are coming in for our first visit ever to Sterling and we are super psyched! Anyone else going this weekend? LF

Dustis

I'll be there with bells on one day or the other. Look forward to meeting new faces from both here and FoF.

-Regards from the pinless fledgling

Lord Finger

I'll be there Sunday. If you see an absurd antler sticking up out of the crowd, chances are I'll be standing under it. Say hi!

Ozium

Hail and well met Laedyfaire, Look for the R/F pins and say hello this weekend.
That be a harder task than you might think with all the goings on at faire.

I plan on being there all weekend. I think you will enjoy Sterling. We could do
a R/F meet up at the Bad Dog or Falstaff even.

Oz
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Tygrkat

50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

photomike

I will be there this weekend! Almost anyone in garb can point me out to you so don't be shy! I will be wandering about the shire all day & I usually am outside the gates until after the Queen enters. Looking forward to meeting you!
photomike
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Tygrkat

Good idea, Ozium

Meeting at one of the pubs sounds good to me ~ odds are I'd be there eventually, anyway  ;D

Dustis

Quote from: photomike on July 07, 2009, 12:45:59 AM
I will be there this weekend! Almost anyone in garb can point me out to you so don't be shy! I will be wandering about the shire all day & I usually am outside the gates until after the Queen enters. Looking forward to meeting you!
photomike

Then again it's not too difficult to spot a cheery man with a nice camera taking pictures for both the public and himself. I look forward to seeing what you upload this year, photo wise.

laedyfaire

I know how hard it is to meet up! Once we enter the gates, we get so caught up in the faire itself..not to mention the effects of a bit of wine or beer  ;) but I will be wearing my RF pin soooo, I will look out for you all and you all, if you spot me, say hi. I will try to post a picture on my profile spot...LF

Tygrkat

I'll be proudly sporting my new R/F pin as well  :)

Since there are quite a few of us participating in the 1:30 p.m. Renewal of Vows Saturday, maybe meeting up at the Bad Dog Pub a little afterwords would be a good idea?

Tazworth

Be sure to pop in to Fantasia and look me up. If I am not visible just ask my wife where I am hiding. I may be upstairs grommetting. My wife (Lady Taz..Fran) manages the booth. Long hair, dragonfly pins most likely a blue chemise. Be sure to make friendly with those wearing the Family of Faire pin too.

Good folks to have fun with in our Family of Faire.
Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend. (Weather still looks promising)
Brett aka Tazworth
Founder of Family of Faire

MMario

I am most likely to be found at Archery; along Capt. Christophe Pike (aka Frenchie); Atticus the quasi-noble; and the infamous Welsh Pirate, Trys Harder.  (and of course, Paco Tudor - a distant (wink wink, nudge, nudge, ifyaknowhatImean) relative of our Good Queen Bess.

MMario

Ozium

It is hard to schedule a meet time, i always get caught up with something myself. If Dustis and i are not wandering we can
probably be found in the Falstaff beer garden, expecialy if Merry Mischief is playing. Or along the brick path going down hill
to the left of the icy cream booth, Many FOF folk frequenty stop here for a rest.

Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

MMario

Quote from: Ozium on July 08, 2009, 04:11:58 PM. Or along the brick path going down hill
to the left of the icy cream booth,

That's because Splinters' Corner has shade, good views, and seating!

Tygrkat

It looks like now there is a good chance we won't be there this weekend...does anyone know if Sterling will allow advance tickets purchased for Renewal of Vows to be used another weekend? I know the Renewal itself is only this weekend, and for those with reserved spots, but I'm hoping the admission portion of the package could be applied to another date... :-\