News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need some good thoughts

Started by WindChime, July 12, 2009, 11:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

photomike

Healing thoughts & prayers for a full recovery.
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

WindChime

I got discharged Wednesday May 12Th at around 6pm.  I am in a little pain but no where near what I thought it would be like. Sad to say that I was in more pain when they took out my gallbladder 2 years ago compared to about 90% of my stomach this time.  I am not having any problems with eating what I am allowed to, But I think if I could get away with it I would take a bite of pizza but I know the down side to eating that kind of food and it is not worth the pain and suffering.   
    The good thing is I have found several cookbooks that show the fat and sugar contents of the recipes so I will be able to eat the food I want and not suffer in taste or pain wise. I just wish the funny walking I have to do right now wouldn't hurt my back so much. I just keep reminding myself that all the aches and pain will be worth it so I will be able to get my spine fixed, maybe not 100% but enough to stop hurting so severely.
    Thanks for all of your well wishes.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

WindChime

I went to the Dr. for my 2 week post opt and I have lost 18 more pounds for a grand total of 31 pounds in 1 month. My dr is very happy for me and said I am doing very well so soon after surgery.  I am finally on a soft blended diet and am thrill that I get to eat food after a month of liquids only.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

auntiegiggles

Congrats WindChime!  That is wonderful news!
Everything goes better with giggles

lordwriothsley

Huzzah! That is such wonderful news WindChime. I'm so happy to hear that my dear.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

WindChime

I haven't updated in awhile so here is what has happened to me lately.  I was put in the hospital on July 21 after not being able to eat for 3 weeks. They let me out July 23 when my potassium level got back to where it should be and they fixed my sever dehydration. As of July 9th when I saw my Dr. last I have lost a total of 72 pounds which is good but the Dr. said I lost the weight way too fast. I lost 6 months of weight in just 2 months due to being so sick.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

WindChime

As of August 19 I no longer have a job. My employer let me go because I have been off for a year do to my back problem and they said if I couldn't come back to work then they would have to let me go.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

lordwriothsley

I'm so sorry to hear about your job loss WindChime. This couldn't have happened at a worse time. My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to you my dear.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

lady serena

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

WindChime

AS of 11/08/10 I have lost 95 pounds in just 6 short months. I have made my Dr.s appointment for my spine and hope this will make him willing to do the surgery so I can start to feel better.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

auntiegiggles

Great Job!  Good luck at your Dr.'s appt!   ;D
Everything goes better with giggles

WindChime

As of 12-3-10 I have lost 101 pounds in almost 7 months. I went to the new spine Dr. on 11-23-10 and he is glad for the weight loss but wants me to lose 50 more pounds which made me sad but I completely understand since as he put it you only get one chance to do the surgery right and heal properly or I can have to get it redone due to the extra pounds and possibly not heal right and be messed up even more then I am now.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

WindChime

I thought I would update everyone.
On February 9Th I had to have surgery on my left heel to have my screw removed since it was backing out and causing me a lot of pain when walking. I am healing well and asked the Dr. for my screw so I can make a necklace for myself.
I am now up to 105 pounds lost with about 75 - 85 pounds to lose before my spine Dr. will work on me.
I finally have a court date for my Social Security Disability claim. I go June 7Th. Hopefully everything will work in my favor since neither of my Dr's will let me work or drive since June of 2009.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

lordwriothsley

Prayers and good thoughts continue to come your way Windchime. Please continue to keep us updated on how you are doing my dear.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

amy

We are all still pulling for you.  You have done great with the weight loss... Already that is amazing.   Stay on track and you will be a new woman!