News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ghost Walk

Started by Ginette, July 17, 2009, 09:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginette

Has anyone been on the ghost walk?  I've been going thru my little book (the books that have the map in it that you buy for a couple dollars) from last season.  There is an ad for the ghost walk that takes place after the fireworks.  About how long is the walk?  Do you know if there is an age limit?

???
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Taarna

I have been on it and highly recommend it for several reasons. There is no age limit, but I would be careful if trying to traverse a stroller or wagon through there at night as it gets quite dark.

It is the ONLY way you can get a drink after hours at TRF as your first stop is the pub. LOL
Then you walk and learn some lore, and history along the way. The info about the chapel is very interesting.
If you get the chance please do go at least once.
A chill in the air, over your shoulder, the Ice Queen's cold stare, you can only be one place. The Texas Ren Faire!

Breandan

um... what history about the chapel do they delve into?  :-[
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Ginette

Thank you for asking, I was about to!    :o
PR for life!

Captain Kilian

They stop at the pub now?! Awesome!
"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

Ginette

What's the history about the chapel?  Captin' a stop at the pub might be a good thing, I guess I shouldn't tell anyone I'm a BIG wimp but love a good ghost story.   ;) 
PR for life!

Anna Iram

I took this tour when I visited for our first Rendevous. I don't remember the stories, but I recall it was a hoot. I'd like to take it again sometime.

Breandan

Quote from: Ginette on July 17, 2009, 07:52:58 PM
What's the history about the chapel?
Dunno what they tell the folks on the ghost walk, but the things I have done/seen/heard/etc. in or around that chapel would cause most clergy to burst into flames  ;)
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Sir Martin

Quote from: Breandan on July 18, 2009, 02:31:30 AM
Quote from: Ginette on July 17, 2009, 07:52:58 PM
What's the history about the chapel?
Dunno what they tell the folks on the ghost walk, but the things I have done/seen/heard/etc. in or around that chapel would cause most clergy to burst into flames  ;)

Well, that probably goes for all of New Market Village, the parking lots and campgrounds also.   ;D

Ginette

I might burst with curiosity now!  I have to go on the ghost walk now!    ;D
PR for life!

LadyShadow

I've always wanted to do it.  But now I REALLY want to go on that tour.  Hhmmmm... Wonder if I can fit it in this year  ???
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Chandler

This sounds really cool.  Where do you go to sign up and how much does it cost?

Merlin

When is it? How much? etc
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Sir Martin

The TRF After Hours Ghost Walk and Festival History Tour is held every night after the fireworks show.  It lasts for 60 to 90 minutes and begins just inside the front gates.  The cost the past couple years has been $10 per person (don't know if there will be an increase this year or not).  Tickets are available at the Information Booth next to the front gate and also at the King's Feast gift shoppe (next to the Prince Of Wales Pub).  A Ghost Walk guide will be near the front gate after the fireworks show and he is usually hawking the show and sometimes draws attention to himself by waving a green laser light.

Luna

*figured i might as well ask now instead of last minute*
what if one wants to join the drum circle out side of the gates, will they allow you to come back in for the ghost walk?
*edit* answer my own question, you are not allowed to follow tartanic then come back in for ghost walk, just FYI  :)