News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Scared for my education....

Started by Dracconia, July 21, 2009, 11:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracconia

For a multitude of reasons I am not on financial aide anymore, hopefully once I get this loan paid off I will be back on it...but until then I am paying out of pocket. No big deal less classes a semester but still doable. Until tonight. I have been working full time at Wal Mart for 8 months. Well, apparently I have been working full time hours but I am in the system as a part time employee, so I have not been garnering benefits and now my hours are being cut to 26 a week. I am really scared...because of the new automated scheduling system my bosses "hands are tied" so I am going to try and find a new job, but they are scarce...please please pray that something opens up. I am really really really scared I won't be able to pay for my classes....

Drac
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

The work you full time but keep you listed as part time is an old employer trick. Especially when there are benefits involved.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

lordwriothsley

Prayers and good thoughts are being sent your way during time of crisis Drac.

Hugs and love to you as always lass.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

RenRobin

Drac,
You are in my prayer that everything works out okay for you.
Loki-terr (in training)

lady serena

Guppy # 81
Fins up

Lady Neysa

Quote from: renfairephotog on July 22, 2009, 12:05:21 AM
The work you full time but keep you listed as part time is an old employer trick. Especially when there are benefits involved.
I know this is an old trick, I've seen it too, but I still don't see how it's legal.  I know there are ways and ways but it still stinks. 

Lady von Groper

Drac: 

What about work/study at your school?  That's what I had to do when I was in college.  It's not a lot of money, but it could replace those hours lost at Walmart...

Things will work themselves out...

Sending good thoughts your way.
Lady Von Groper
IWG #3725
Gnom'n M'Crack - Pet to Flog'n
1st Mate & Cheek Inspector of pirate ship The Roaming Gnome

Dracconia

I paid over half of this semester's tuition!!!!

Praise be to God, now the other half and books....keep praying! Thank you all so much, your prayers really are helping!
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

lordwriothsley

Huzzah! That is such wonderful news Drac. You are still in my thoughts and prayers as always.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Kett