News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Thanks we had a great time!

Started by Master James, July 28, 2009, 11:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master James

Well we got home last night and we had a very enjoyable time for our first visit to Sterling!  The thing we found interesting was how many of the acts at Sterling were also ones that are at MDRF also!   ;D  Got to meet Sterlingfan and Sterling Scot and thank you both for your well wishes (yeah I guess the hat IS kind of distinctive huh?  LOL).  We also ran into some friends from VARF and MDRF as well so we had a great time!  I haven't had the time to edit all the pics I took yet, so hopefully tonight I will have the time and I'll post them up here.  My wife plays the psaltery and so she was VERY happy to finally get to see Cantiga play as she uses their book for many of the songs she plays.  They even played a new one she hadn't heard before and wasn't in their book so they gave her a copy of the sheet music they did for it!  She was WAY happy with that!  We played a little with the court on Sunday and the Queen was quite wonderful!  Thanks all and maybe we'll be back next year depending on schedules.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lord Finger

So glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. I hope you didn't catch too much of that quick storm we had. I'll be seeing you in MD for Rendezvous.

Khaalis

Glad to hear you had a great time. I love SRF and am always happy to hear we've made new fans. :)
Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat

Master James

Quote from: Sterling Scot on July 28, 2009, 10:13:04 PM
So glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. I hope you didn't catch too much of that quick storm we had. I'll be seeing you in MD for Rendezvous.

Nope we hung out under one of the stages during the down pour and then left around 5:30 when that other storm started to roll in since it takes a while to get out of all the nobles garb.  Got it all put away and on the road as it started to rain again.  We enjoyed ourselves a lot there.  You have a nice faire.  Here are the pictures I took while there.  Enjoy!

http://community.webshots.com/album/573795803AHaVkE
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

SterlingFan

It was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife !  I'm glad you both enjoyed yourselves.  I hope you'll be able to make it back to our shire & I'd love to visit yours !

Fantastic photos - thanks so much for sharing !
Home Faire: Sterling Renaissance Festival

"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here !"

Lady Amy of York

James,
    My good  friend, i feel so bad. here you were coming up to sterling  to hang out with me , and Tim, and timothy, and I am unable  to make  it. I really felt terrible that i could not be  there, but i was deffintely in  no shape  to go  to faire.

I am gald  you had  agreat  time  though.

Wait aminute...you had  agood  time  without  me ??   >:( :(

Just kidding ! :)

I am glad  you and Sharon enjoyed  yourself.   I am  thrilled  that Sharon  was able  to get some  sheet music.  That is  excellent.

Well maybe  next year  we  can get together.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Master James

Amy,

Not to worry.  Hopefully we'll be able to hookup at PARF this year.  And if not, there is always next year.   ;D
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady Amy of York

I see the " Breast of Faire " photographer struck again.  LOL  ! Sharon needs  to keep a  tighter leash on  you ! ;D

Great pictures  of  the  joust !

and if not PARF this  year , deffinitely  a date  for Sterling or  VARF  next year !
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

photomike

Greetings Master James,
                                Wonderful photos! Thank you so much for sharing!
Very happy you had a good time & hope to meet you next time around!
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin