News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ravenshire Renn Faire

Started by LadyFireKissed, August 11, 2009, 07:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyFireKissed

A note for those of those that will be there, I am trying my hand at making favors so anyone who wants one is free to have one if they find me and ask, just as long as you let me know what you think of them

Angelhood

Friday, August 21st - fair times are 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Saturday, August 22nd - fair times are 10:00 am - 10:00 pm 
Sunday, August 23rd - fair times are 10:00 am - 6:00 pm

These are the dates and hours of operation for Ravenshire Renaissance Faire, taken directly from their official site. (No the 10 pm thing is not a typo, it's actually open that late on Saturday.)

Demetrius

Quote from: LadyFireKissed on August 12, 2009, 08:15:48 AM
Quote from: Demetrius on August 12, 2009, 02:26:33 AM
you would have been perfect because we were looking for someone no one knew...

well that fits me pretty well, so when am I going to get to meet you/ you going to meet me ;) :D

I won't be there- but you might get to see my twin brother Dennis and his wife Marge. You might recognize them as the couple who invented foaming hand soap.
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Fireflicker

For anyone who knows...
As a newbie who has only attended the Faire in Larkspur before, how would you rate the Ravenshire Faire? I know that it's smaller, but I'd kinda like to know a little more about it before I splurge on tickets and the drive up there. I'm already leaning toward going but I just thought that I would check with people who know that Faire first.
Also, is it fairy/dragon/magical-not-really-authentic-renaissance friendly?

LadyFireKissed

to be honest, i am really new at this also, and it's the only one that I have been to.  I wanted to go to larkspur but it was here and gone before I knew it.  It is small, and they tend to have the same things time and again, but I love it because you get to know everyone, and it is very cozy and homey.  Palisaide has two meaderys there in town so you can get some to take home if you wish, plus it is for sale there. 

As far as "fairy/dragon/magical-not-really-authentic-renaissance friendly. . ."  there is the nobles in the more "authentic" of course, but there are also the gypsys, and the pirates.  I dont know why they wouldn't be friendly to that,  and besides, you paid your money, come as what you want, have fun!  hope this helped?

bye the way, just out of curiosity, what were you thinking of coming as?

Fireflicker

Thanks for the review! Us newcomers have to stick together, right?
I was going to come as a dragon, which is why I wanted to know about the magic thing. At Larkspur, there's fairies and another dragon so I kinda blend in; I wanted to know how much I was going to stick out especially since I know that some people are really into the whole 'authentic Renaissance' thing.

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Fireflicker on August 19, 2009, 10:28:00 PM
Thanks for the review! Us newcomers have to stick together, right?
I was going to come as a dragon, which is why I wanted to know about the magic thing. At Larkspur, there's fairies and another dragon so I kinda blend in; I wanted to know how much I was going to stick out especially since I know that some people are really into the whole 'authentic Renaissance' thing.

Hey... which dragon were you?  if you were the red one, I think I sold you a mug....??
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Fireflicker

I was the red one, and you sold me a leather mug with the red dragon on it.
(This probably doesn't really belong here, but I want to know... Why is the wax cracking so much? Is it just supposed to do that?)
Honestly, I just want another excuse to run around and scare small children. This Faire seems like the best thing that I can get to before the costume retires this year. That, and I might be able to find more cool hamster-loving Faire people to talk to!

LadyFireKissed

ok to tell you the truth, as a dragon, yea you might stick out, but that is not necessarily a bad thing, you will have a great time, you just want to be comfortable with people.  being a small fair, anybody in am outfit gets drawn in at some point.  ya never know, you might have to fight one of the "knights"  they would proably like that better than fighting with funnoodles :D

Mischka

Quote from: Fireflicker on August 18, 2009, 01:43:18 PM
As a newbie who has only attended the Faire in Larkspur before, how would you rate the Ravenshire Faire?

Compared to CRF, Ravenshire is extremely small and there's a lot less going on.  You can walk around the grounds in a matter of a few minutes.  I think of it as more of a "hang out" kind of faire than something like CRF or AzRF.

Your dragon will likely draw a lot of attention, but that's half the fun, right?

Avan

One of the big differences is ITS FLAT  ;D

And its in a nice park that is grass.  There are several people that just walk barefoot.   Last year pktaxwench showed up with her crew in their Pirates of the Caribbean outfits with her husband as Davey Jones.  They were an extreme hit.

Mischka

Odd question, but anyone know if leashed dogs are allowed on the grounds?

LadyFireKissed

well who all was there yeaterday, I looked around but I think that the only person that I might have seen was Avan. If not the pirate that DID have the fake eye was the coolest ever ;D.  and I even got a new hat yeaterday, yay!

Quote from: Mischka on August 21, 2009, 04:40:53 PM
Odd question, but anyone know if leashed dogs are allowed on the grounds?

I BELIEVE that they are not but that nobody listens to that in any way shape or form.  the bigest thing is just make sure they are well behaved.

Mischka

Quote from: LadyFireKissed on August 22, 2009, 07:08:55 AM
well who all was there yeaterday

I was around from about 7-7:45 last night, dressed in "casual" rennie style though  ;)  Just a blue corset, black skirt, black boots.

The faire is definitely much bigger than last year!

Adriana Rose

Give the gamer boys hell for me! they need a good ribbing!