News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Friday 9-18-09

Started by Jon Foster, September 14, 2009, 04:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Sticking with this Sunday.  Something about the prospect of a million screaming kids makes me want to hide under my couch.
(This space for rent)

Jon Foster

Come on, it's only like 750,000 kids.  ;) So, we'll see you in a few minutes then. Right?  ;D

Jon.

Lord Virgil

Actually, if you like kids and smaller crowds Friday is a nice relaxing day to go.  The wife and I had a lot of fun messing with the wee ones.  

Outside the gate before open, a grandmother was trying to get a picture of her granddaughter who was not being cooperative.  I had my pirate gear on, so I stroll up, draw my pistol and tell the little girl "
One way or another you're gonna get shot, either by that camera or this pistol, it's your choice."  She sat right down, smiled and the picture was taken.  The grandma was cracking up and thanked me, it was great fun.  I'm bummed I can't be there today,   :'(
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Jon Foster on September 18, 2009, 08:41:20 AM
Come on, it's only like 750,000 kids.  ;) So, we'll see you in a few minutes then. Right?  ;D

Jon.

My child allergy is flaring up just thinking about it.

//Achoo!!!

:)
(This space for rent)

sandmanvw

Thank you battlemonk for the finish fish dance today at faire very good indeed.

Eric of Lyon

Very empty on Friday.

These three photos were taken between 12 noon and 2 pm. Nearly a ghost town in some areas of the festival.

Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Jon Foster

Yep, that was pretty much all the views we had all day. But it was nice to window shop without fighting the crowds.

It was nice to meet you Eric.

Jon.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Sweet.  Always wondered what the grounds will look like after the zombie holocaust.
(This space for rent)

Eric of Lyon

Very nice to meet you too, Jon.  And it nice to meet Canonman, as well.  It was very nice to meet two other of the RF'ers on Friday and chat for a moment.
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Jon Foster

We ran into Canonman once on Friday. It was in the morning and I was wondering where he was the rest of the day.

Jon.

Eric of Lyon

I don't recall what time it was when I ran into him, but it was back by the Washing Well Wenches.   You were also back there shooting in the back of the crowd.  We were by the back "Special Events" gate nearest that stage.
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Jon Foster

Darn it. I must be blind! I only caught a glimpse of you once or twice on Friday too.

Jon.

Poldugarian Warrior

Didn't make it was still fighting that earache from hell all that week. May get up there this weekend.