News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

My Next Car, Awesome..

Started by Neophyte, May 21, 2008, 04:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neophyte

I cant wait for this car to pass American standards and be marketed this side of the pond. It's gotta be the coolest damn car I've ever seen. It's really fuel efficient too. The Carver One. This thing tilts like a bike..

http://www.carver-worldwide.com/Movies/LoadMovie.asp?S_ID=64&nc=1

It's expected to be marketed here in 2009, can't wait. I'm gettin' one...
Royal Taster Of The Scotch
Peep Sniper
Castleteer
Teer

Lord Finger

I'm not sure I trust people to watch where they're going in that thing. Not to mention it would get squashed by anything bigger than a Mini Cooper.

Other than that, I like it and it's pretty darn cool.

anne of oaktower

Love it!  Handing me the keys to something like that would be like handing a bottle of Jack to an alcoholic!
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Erynn

Nice. I find it funny that its a two seater. Hate to be the person in back!

Also, I could see places like McDonalds getting sued even more for spilt coffee.

Annastina

I love it!  Like they combined the best of a sports car and motorcyle.  I would so buy one - can you picture that in SoCal rush hour????  ;D

Speaking of rush hour, driving up to RPFSC a few weeks ago, we saw one of these - http://www.smartusa.com/.  It was kinda freaky seeing something so small amongst the behemouth SUVs and luxury things in San Diego traffic.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

CapnFayeCutler

Oh my. It reminds me of that little tykes red car with the yellow roof. Yeah, it's that small.

This thing just looks like a triked out motorcycle with an enclosed body around it. I mean, the passenger would have to feel kinda like a co-rider does on a bike.

This thing could be fun and if it was cheap enough, it'd make a sweet commuting type vehicle...just watch out for anything bigger than a Smart car!  :D ;D
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Saber

well thats just a cute little thing.... but wheres the backseat  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Also, hows it do for size?  I am over 6 foot, thing looks a little too small for me

Hoowil

Where do you put the car-seat? :)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Neophyte

A 6ft. 4in. guy drove it in a road test and loved it.

No car seats, it's a sports car hybrid but classified in most countries as a motorcycle for insurance and liscensing purposes. It has about as much room for the driver as a Mercedes SLK 230. No cup holder though for obvious reasons. Projected sale price here for a new one is probably going to be in the ballpark of 53k.

Neophyte
Royal Taster Of The Scotch
Peep Sniper
Castleteer
Teer

Noble Dreg

Quote from: Neophyte on May 22, 2008, 03:58:34 PM
...Projected sale price here for a new one is probably going to be in the ballpark of 53k....

Very Cool!  I would seriously consider one of these...until I saw the final price! 

No doubt a fun ride but there are too many other awsome 2008 'fun for two' choices selling for much less;

Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500 $42,330
Porsche Boxter $45,800 ($55,700 for the 'S')
Chevrolet Corvette $45,995 (max's at 71K)
Porsche Cayman $49,400 (my personal choice)

Still I can see wanting one bad!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Saber

Quote from: Noble Dreg on May 22, 2008, 10:23:07 PM

BLAH!  get the '67 Cobra... One car to rule them all....

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: Saber on May 22, 2008, 11:58:54 PM
Quote from: Noble Dreg on May 22, 2008, 10:23:07 PM

BLAH!  get the '67 Cobra... One car to rule them all....

Hehe very nice. My cousin has a 67 Shelby GT350. #2 off of the assembly line in fact. Carroll Shelby signed  the visor at a car show a few years ago. My cousin has refused over 150K for the car... It's the prettiest car I've ever seen. Dark green metallic with cream colored stripes... *drool*

Quote from: Neophyte on May 22, 2008, 03:58:34 PM

No cup holder though for obvious reasons.

Are you KIDDING me!? Even my dad and my brother have cupholders on their bikes, so I bet putting in a Butler cupholder is doable! hehe.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE