News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Media coverage pet peave

Started by groomporter, August 17, 2009, 07:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

Fox 9 morning news has been mentioning that the State Fair starts soon, I sent them feedback asking them to also mention the Renfest starts even sooner.

I've always been annoyed that all the local media have a presence at the Fair and most report live from it daily, but fest get mostly ignored. If you get a chance, drop your favorite local news program or radio station a note to remind them to cover us and that it helps support many local artists and performers.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Charlotte Rowan

State Fair, schmate fair. I've never seen the allure of it anyway.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

lady serena

That's a big bummer. We have the exact opposite up here in Northern MN; we had the MN state fair ad running for the first part of August and then I saw last night that they are actually running an ad for the MN Renaissance Festival on our local channel 10/13. I just about fell of the couch, I was so shocked, I looked at the hubby and asked him if I was actually seeing things because there was Twig, the Jousters, the King, and other cast and crew.  
Guppy # 81
Fins up

groomporter

Personally, I haven't seen/heard any ads on radio or TV here in Minneapolis.

edit: I lied. I just saw a 5 or 10 second spot on Fox 9
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Muffin

Quote from: groomporter on August 17, 2009, 08:34:14 AM
Personally, I haven't seen/heard any ads on radio or TV here in Minneapolis.

edit: I lied. I just saw a 5 or 10 second spot on Fox 9

I have yet to see any ad's for MNRF....  :P

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Will Gamwell

The fiance has been told by several people that they have seen her on tv in the ad for Festival.  So it must be there.  Where??  I have no clue.

Rafe.

Noble Dreg

'CCO had some musical groups from 'Faire' on last night.  Actually devoted a good portion of the "Steehle" show to them.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

tcindie

I've been hearing radio ads for at least a month, on ks95, 104.1, 93x, etc.. and I have seen a couple (albeit very short) blurbs during the ad breaks on tv over the past week or two

Oldarcher

have not seen or heard any that I noticed for either. Several years ago we gave our kids a chioce: on their own money, RenFest or State Fair? They chose the State fair and promptly went broke buying rides, crappy food. We took them to the RenFest the next week......State what?? They dont care for the SF.

Lady L

I saw a tv commercial last week, around 9:30 pm on channel 9. First one I have seen this year. It had the King and Twig, some other people that I missed. It was short. I was hoping to see it on other channels, but so far, I haven't.

We stopped at SA by Chaska last Sat. and they just had a flier, not the fold out poster we have picked up before.

Former Shop Owner at MNRF

KeithR

I got my foldout flyer in the mail over the weekend, but had picked one up at the offices by Canterbury last month. Saw them at the SA I frequent in Eagan yesterday, so they're out there.

renren

I've seen fliers all the way up here, in Walgreens, and Subway!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Lady L

There was another commercial on channel 9 tonight, around 9:45 pm.

The Walgreens in Chaska only had the small fliers, although they had the large poster in their window.
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Will Gamwell

I actually saw the full fold-out brochure at an SA yesterday.  I have done my part, my co-workers have been given brochures, flyers, advice on things to see & do. *cough*FeastofFantasy*cough*

. . . not sure it is the best idea to invite them all out.  I may get fired.  ???

William_MacKean

Not even listen in the events, festival, or any section of KARE11's MetroMix, either!

Fooking irritating!