News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Feedback on Castle of the Day

Started by DonaCatalina, August 17, 2009, 12:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kett

I am definitely adding "stay at a castle" to the bucket list. That would be so awesome.

DonaCatalina

Does anyone notice when I point out the castles that are haunted?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Yes, Ma'am... there quite a few that have things that go bump in the night...  ;)  

I caught Kronberg on GHI last night... watch the flashlight wiggle...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Anna Iram

Yes. My thoughts are too that they al have one or more ghosty in residence. Wouldn't want to meet up with one of the dungeon kind though. A nice parlor ghost is more to my liking. :)

It'd be an interesting side link to read more about who they thought the ghosts were and what their backstories are. Not suggesting you take on any more Dona. Just brainstorming.

Yrose

You know I do, just makes me want to visit them more!
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

DonaCatalina

As far as determining who they were, you would pretty much have to hope that one of them answers you, like Hary Brunette prisoner 374 did in Alacatraz.
There is always a lot of speculation.... but can anyone really know? Maybe someone else can start a thread on legends of haunted castles.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Kett

Kronberg looks decidedly delicious as a castle! It is by far my favorite, ever! (So far anyway!)

Ferret

Quote from: DonaCatalina on January 06, 2011, 05:40:01 AM
Does anyone notice when I point out the castles that are haunted?

Yes. Makes me go over the pictures again to try and imagine where one might see a ghost. That hall way ? That dungeon ? By that window ?

I think I pay more attention when you point that out.

And thank you for all your work. I appreciate it a lot !
Ferret

Anna Iram

Love yesterdays Castle Balcomie and her whistling ghost. :)

DonaCatalina

Reszel Castle is a hotel with rtestaurant and bar. You can find it listed on priceline.com.
According to GHI, its not haunted.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Bob of the Lake

Wow, Dysert O'Dea Castle looks like one solid fortification! It looks like a rectangular block of stone. I think I'd feel real safe holing up in there!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

DonaCatalina

Bauskas is one of those castles that hosts a medieval festival. But I believe only the performers are expected to come in garb.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Anna Iram

Wouldn't you love to attend and listen to all that glorious music in that setting?  :)

Have to back track to Burg Teck on Jan  10th. Lovely. Really beautiful.

..and todays castle. How interesting that it now acts as a retreat and a place for learning with courses in music and interpersonal relationships etc. A nice setting for such a thing.

DonaCatalina

I got a kick out of the ice skaters on Batenburg's moat. What an obstacle for speed skating, WATCH OUT FOR THE DRAW.....bridge.

And to get the scope of Ranikot, you really have to see it in google earth.
-enjoy-
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Anna Iram

:D That'd be me for sure...oh look...pretty...*clunk*.

The photos of Batenburg with the ice and the fog were beautiful.

Ranikot is so bleak. Interesting and huge yes...but can you imagine living there?