News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Facial Hair... What to wear?

Started by Beaudan Tocks, August 17, 2009, 03:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaudan Tocks

Not that it wasn't fun... but I just went thru all 21 pages of area and couldn't find one thread about H/A facial hair...  is there such a thing?

You know you're a true Renie when you grow a full beard in July so you have all options open for the perfect... VanDyke, Goatee, FuMan, whateverrrrrr......

Any ideas or reference material?

Help  ???
"A chastity belt! That's going to chafe my willy!"

Dev

Lady L

I have a reference book that shows different types of beards etc. Van Dyke is a good choice. I would have to look up the title and author for you.
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Sullivans Bastard

Quote from: Beaudan Tocks on August 17, 2009, 03:37:16 PM
Not that it wasn't fun... but I just went thru all 21 pages of area and couldn't find one thread about H/A facial hair...  is there such a thing?

You know you're a true Renie when you grow a full beard in July so you have all options open for the perfect... VanDyke, Goatee, FuMan, whateverrrrrr......

Any ideas or reference material?

Help  ???

What?  People shave in July because it's hot?????     :o :o :o

Lady L

Ok here 'tis...
"Tudor Costume and Fashion" by Herbert Norris

1558-1603
Types of beards
The Swallowtail
Pique de Vant
Spade
Round
Broad/Cathedral
Bodkin

"Beards and moustaches were very general amon men of all classes and the fashions in dressing the beard are too numerous to describe. During the Elizabethan time the beard was a very much coveted appendage and all young men of fasion anxiously cultivated its growth."
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

DragonWing

Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)