News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Our visit was most enjoyable

Started by BLAKDUKE, September 13, 2009, 10:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAKDUKE

My Wife, I and my 2 friends from Minnesota  visited your Faire on Oct. 5th for the day and I must say we were most pleased with everything we saw.  We highly appreciated the friendlyness of the cast and we do hope the King and his Queen were pleased with the gifts that we did bring.  Congratulations on a successful faire and mayhap we can trek there again someday.

The BLAKDUKE
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

kilted one

It was an absolute pleasure to make you acquaintance as well.  I am so glad you enjoyed your time here and hopefully we will be able to make to yours sometime in the future.  Take care.

Lord Mayor John Howard
aka Scott Walton
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Terry Griffith

I sat just several feet away from you in the Pirate's Pub between my shows and didn't recognize you.  Had I seen an R/F pin, I would have introduced myself.  So sorry we didn't get the opportunty to chat.  Next time, we will.

I'm so glad you and your company enjoyed our Shire.  Please come again.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Docamor

I too enjoyed meeting you and making your acquaintance.   Both the Queen and myself were deeply moved by your generosity and kind gift.  Mayhaps one day we will venture to your lands and visit your kingdom.  I am glad you had an enjoyable visit here at Morelandshire and invite you to return whenever the winds may blow again in our direction.

Doc

aka King Henry
Modo liceat vivere, est spes.

Professor M

I was so disappointed to hear that you were in the shire and I missed you.  Our cast is a bit thin this season so word did not spread as quickly as it normally would.  Please do visit again.  I'd really like to meet you.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

BLAKDUKE

My friends and I entered the faire and headed directly to the back where the food and drink were.  We stayed there until the royal court arrived.  At that moment I presented our gifts to the King and Queen and then left them to their schedule.  I have to admit that the faire grounds are most deceiving.  My friends went around a bit whilst my wife and I stayed put to see the joust.  When they came back they then led us around to the bottom of the hill where we found the other pub and there we stayed for a good long time.  We then took a turn around the faire looking at the shops and by that time my friends had to leave for their 3 faires in 1 weekend, Pittsburg, Bristol, and Michigan.  Just heard from them and they are exhausted(little wonder). 

Terry,
since my garb is black and the R/F pin is black and silver, it may have been hard to spot.  I shall have to work on that and make it more visible in the future.

The Blakduke   
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel