News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend Recap

Started by eloquentXI, October 11, 2009, 08:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eloquentXI

Hey all! Got back in to Denton just a few minutes ago and phew, what a weekend to say the least!

From the rain that started on Friday morning and didn't stop until Friday night, the beautifully cool almost chilly weather Saturday, to Martin cutting his face open on his bonfire plate thing (He's fine right now, had to go to the hospital to get stitches but came back to camp before late), to drive-by wretching that night, the Jaager Bomb Squad in full force, and then a rainy and chilly Sunday.

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend, even with it being so eventful! It was so wonderful to see who I did, and made me miss the people that weren't there even more so.

Can't wait to see everyone on All Hallows Eve!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Dracconia

Looks like you had a grand time! Can't wait to see you and everyone else on All Hallows!
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Rani Zemirah

Sounds like several good stories to be told when I finally get to sit around the fire with everyone...  Less than three weeks, now!!!  I'm soooo excited!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Breandan

Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Martin Montgomery

:'( Hello All!!  I really have to tell everyone that I am Fine!! Face is OK (Not Perfect anymore,But then I wasn't before this!! LOL!!)  and I am not in any great pain. My Thanks to each and everyone who has expressed their concerns for me and to all who took care of me at Camp! ( BIG Thank You to Rapier Half-Wit and his lovely Wife Celtic Roses! and William!!) but even this can't keep me from attending this coming Saturday!! See you all There!!!
Half the man I used to be!! 
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

MM, i'm glad that you are ok... Rapier & CR are good people, so you were in good hands.  I'm not going to comment about the phone call i received in the later hours of the evening, Friday night, other than it sounded like my fellow McLotofus members were having an extremely good time... and i got to play "phone ho", getting passed around the Elders Circle... LMAO!

:D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Var Greyshadow

A COOL opening weekend!!!  Oh, was it nice to wear the full garb and be comfortable, not heat-sick!  CDragonworks and I spent the weekend getting her acquainted with the notion of being able to play (she's not working at RenBoots this year).  Saw so many people that I think I must be thinner from all the hugs.  Look for my evil twin (and Lawrence's too) on third weekend.  The pirates will be dropping anchor and look forward to seeing everyone.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: eloquentXI on October 11, 2009, 08:20:42 PM
Hey all! Got back in to Denton just a few minutes ago and phew, what a weekend to say the least!

From the rain that started on Friday morning and didn't stop until Friday night, the beautifully cool almost chilly weather Saturday, to Martin cutting his face open on his bonfire plate thing (He's fine right now, had to go to the hospital to get stitches but came back to camp before late), to drive-by wretching that night, the Jaager Bomb Squad in full force, and then a rainy and chilly Sunday.

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend, even with it being so eventful! It was so wonderful to see who I did, and made me miss the people that weren't there even more so.

Pictures, Elo, pictures!  I know you had your camera going as fast as you could snap them...  ;)
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

eloquentXI

Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on October 12, 2009, 07:38:23 AM
Quote from: eloquentXI on October 11, 2009, 08:20:42 PM

Pictures, Elo, pictures!  I know you had your camera going as fast as you could snap them...  ;)

Will do as soon as A) I take a two hour nap after class this afternoon and B) and I can get them uploaded.  :P Patience, Fraser. They shall be up soon.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Thank you, MiLady... i'm just tapping my foot waiting on AHE.   ;D

Get some rest, you had a busy weekend!
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Martin Montgomery on October 12, 2009, 03:05:04 AM
:'( Hello All!!  I really have to tell everyone that I am Fine!! Face is OK (Not Perfect anymore,But then I wasn't before this!! LOL!!)  and I am not in any great pain. My Thanks to each and everyone who has expressed their concerns for me and to all who took care of me at Camp! ( BIG Thank You to Rapier Half-Wit and his lovely Wife Celtic Roses! and William!!) but even this can't keep me from attending this coming Saturday!! See you all There!!!

Just remember, Dear One...  Chicks dig scars!!!  Especially if there is a Tale of Great Bravery and Sacrifice to be told about the acquisition of said scar!!!  Doesn't even matter if it's true or not.  In fact, I'm guessing that with Rennie women, the more outlandish the tale (or tales...) and the more it changes with each re-telling, the more they will relish it!!!  

Can hardly wait to sit by the fire and hear the embellished version, myself!!!  :D  ;)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on October 12, 2009, 08:12:12 AM

Just remember, Dear One...  Chicks dig scars!!!  [/quote]

I have not noticed this to be true.  Of course, maybe it is the unvarnished truth of how I got some of them..."My brother hit me with an axe, My brother kicked a brick into my head, My brother... "  I sense a pattern here.  Anyone want an older brother?  I may offer you mine cheap.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Element of Air

I want to thank everyone (cast and friends) who met my parents visit to fair on Saturday a great one. They had so much fun and completely approve of me going to fair as well as they would love to go again when they are back out visiting me from California. They felt everyone was so nice and open. My dad even got wenched on his bald head within the first 15 feet of him entering fair.

I had so much fun with my parents and I just want to say thank you to everyone for helping make my parents first fair visit a great one...

And, my feet HURT! ^_^ See everyone next weekend!
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

Blue66669

Quote from: Martin Montgomery on October 12, 2009, 03:05:04 AM
:'( Hello All!!  I really have to tell everyone that I am Fine!! Face is OK (Not Perfect anymore,But then I wasn't before this!! LOL!!)  and I am not in any great pain. My Thanks to each and everyone who has expressed their concerns for me and to all who took care of me at Camp! ( BIG Thank You to Rapier Half-Wit and his lovely Wife Celtic Roses! and William!!) but even this can't keep me from attending this coming Saturday!! See you all There!!!

Just remember, Dear One...  Chicks dig scars!!!  Especially if there is a Tale of Great Bravery and Sacrifice to be told about the acquisition of said scar!!!  Doesn't even matter if it's true or not.  In fact, I'm guessing that with Rennie women, the more outlandish the tale (or tales...) and the more it changes with each re-telling, the more they will relish it!!!  

Can hardly wait to sit by the fire and hear the embellished version, myself!!!  :D  ;)

Martin was attacked protecting his Empress from a band of evil Ninjas....

*that's our story and we're sticking to it*
Blaidd Drwg

Taffy Saltwater

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on October 12, 2009, 08:27:11 AM

Just remember, Dear One...  Chicks dig scars!!!  

I have not noticed this to be true.  Of course, maybe it is the unvarnished truth of how I got some of them..."My brother hit me with an axe, My brother kicked a brick into my head, My brother... "  I sense a pattern here.  Anyone want an older brother?  I may offer you mine cheap.
[/quote]

Feh, brothers have nothing on sisters.  This scar on my lip - sis pushed a hot curler into my mouth.  This one on my chin - sis knocked me down - accidentally, of course.  Martin, I'm so glad it wasn't any worse than it was.

It was a grand day at the faire!  It was so good seeing familiar faces and actually remembering some of them.  I have some pictures to download - how good they'll be is anybody's bet as it was so dark & overcast, but it was so nice not to be on the verge of a heatstroke all day.  I got a kick out of Elo standing on the pickanick table snapping pix and her skirt being held by a chivalrous gentleman so that she wouldn't topple off.

I'll be back on 10/25 & will be there with some of my fellow pirate authors on the greenway betwixt the PoW & the book store for a book signing.  Come say hello & maybe even buy a book! 

Sveethot!