News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

just need to be sure...

Started by grizintx, October 25, 2009, 02:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grizintx

I know its been posted on here a couple times already but I'd like to be sure since I have about 30 people depending on me with this.  The front gates are allowing access to the campgrounds as of Thursday at 4:00pm, is this correct?  I have some folks coming in from out of town that are insisting that the faire web site says noon Friday.  So who has been there for Thursday night so far this year?
May your cup never be empty, and your tent always be upwind of the privy.

KiltedPrivateer

I can only speak for opening weekend.  The officer at the gate told me the gates would be open on thursdays.  The earliest arrival I know of is 5pm.  No one has mentioned getting in any earlier as of yet.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Lady Guinevere

We had members of our McLotofus on site Thursday of opening weekend.  If I recall correctly it was before 5.
Clan McLotofus Elder

Blue66669

Aaaalright guys. Here's the deal.

Officially, the grounds open up on Friday morning. Unofficially, sometimes they're nice and let us in early on Thursday.

If we keep on talking about it, and discussing it on an open public forum, they won't be so nice if they find out that the "good word" is being spread all over the place. They're doing us a huge favor by letting us in almost a full day early, and I for one would like to keep it that way. I for one think that we shouldn't really talk about this topic in our threads anymore. If someone has questions about it, converse via private message.
Blaidd Drwg

KiltedPrivateer

As usual, excellent point - Mums the word
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara