News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MidWinter Exchange

Started by Dinobabe, October 27, 2009, 01:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue66669

I just got a crap ton of christmas cards from people... THANKS!!!
Blaidd Drwg

Cormac

Quote from: ArielCallista on December 18, 2009, 10:18:05 PM
I'm rather concerned that the gift I sent was delivered to the wrong address...It was delivered monday and I've yet to hear anything :( this could be bad cuz there were perishables...

It is with great regret that I must inform you the wonderful cookies perished at the hands and gnashing teeth of the ravenous horde of heathen children that inhabit the household.  I did get a few though.  The glaze on the cookies rocks.

I hope you will forgive the slow posting. Tis been a wee bit busy at work and I haven't had much time to get to the important stuff like dropping in here. :D

ArielCallista

I was so worried they were lost in the mail. I would have hated for you to end up with nothing Cormac! I'm so glad you enjoyed them, and I'm glad your children did too hahaha. Family recipes are the greatest aren't they.
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

Got my gift in the mail today. The ring is very pretty. Thank you, Sonata!
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Sonata

Whew, I was afraid it wouldn't get there in time! You're welcome Lady Everclear, I'm glad you like it! :)
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

Tammy

I've gotten bunches of beautiful cards! Thank you all so much!
Kymberleigh, the pouch, hot cocoa, phone charm and mug are AWESOME! I can't wait to use the mug for the hot cocoa! The triskele on the mug is gorgeous!! Perfect symbol for me, for several reasons! The phone charm is gonna be put with the faire favors (I'm a little rough with phones, don't wanna break it!) I've received! Did you make the pouch? It's wonderful, and just the size I needed!
Thank you again!!!!!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Dinobabe

I love the cards I have been getting!  They are so sweet and wonderful! :-*
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lairde Guardn

Recieved a wonderful gift and hope the one that I sent out is liked as well......This has been the 2nd time I have participated in the exchange and both times have been wonderful surprises.....
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Blue66669

OMG Auryn you are my new favorite person!! I LOVE MY NEW BOX! I love it when people get me NMBC stuff. Warms the dark cold recesses of my heart, it does LOL.

In other news, my gift finally went out today. I'm so damn late...
Blaidd Drwg

Peddlin

Dearest Ottheinrich -

I am afraid that I owe you an apology. I posted my thank you on Sunday night, but I have no idea where it went. Anyway, I will say again, thank you so much for my beautiful oil lamp. I am thrilled to have such a unique piece of art, and I must say that your taste is exquisite. (Just for everyone else's information , it is a beautiful butterfly oil lamp, hand-painted, ON THE INSIDE, of mouth blown glass, and it even came in a lovely blue velvet box. And of course, he was thoughtful enough to send the oil to go in it.)

Again, thank you so much. I love it, and I wish you a wonderful holiday!
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

WindChime

Thank you Lady M for my Christmas card. I will send you one back as soon as someone who can drive gets here. I still can not drive and it is driving me crazy.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

irish

I received my gifts today!
Thank you Cormac !
I love the leather skirt hikers...... ::)
and the leather parasol holder is so nice! {Did you make them?}
My brother has tried to steal the Galileo Weather/Thermometer, for his office!
I told him hands off BUB! LOL!  :D
Thank you again!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Cormac

Quote from: irish on December 22, 2009, 05:12:55 PM
I received my gifts today!
Thank you Cormac !
I love the leather skirt hikers...... ::)
and the leather parasol holder is so nice! {Did you make them?}
My brother has tried to steal the Galileo Weather/Thermometer, for his office!
I told him hands off BUB! LOL!  :D
Thank you again!
irish

The skirt hikes and parasol holder were made with my modest skills.  I also do mug straps if you ever find yourself in need.  Quick story.  The parasol holder is version 3.0 and I about have it where I want it.  After recieving complaints about having to thread everything on the belt first I figured I would add a button so it can be strapped on after the belt is in place.  I do hope the brown leather works with your garb.

I am gratefull that the the Thermometer made it in one piece.  I had my doubts as I packed it.  Chalk one up for USPS.

Glad you enjoyed.

Ottheinrich

Quote from: Peddlin on December 22, 2009, 02:59:17 PM
Dearest Ottheinrich -

Again, thank you so much. I love it, and I wish you a wonderful holiday!

Im happy you like it.

Dinobabe

So, did everyone who signed up receive something for the exchange?

Looks like we had a great exchange this year!  Thank you everyone, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com