News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Black Friday Shopping

Started by Butch, November 16, 2009, 10:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

Do any of you go out on Black Friday?  I have been doing it for several years now.  There are a few websites out there that have the ads out early.  Some good stuff, lots of not so good this year.  What are your experiences?  Do you go out, or are you always sure to avoid the stores on the day after Thanksgiving?

Leyla

We'll be looking for a good deal on a TV this year. Haven't done the Black Friday shopping in the past though. Crowds are not my thing! What are those websites with the early ads?

Taffy Saltwater

I avoid like it like the plague, but some family members always try to rope me into it.
Sveethot!

arbcoind

I avoid Black Friday.  I try to not go to any store between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I do all my Christmas/other shopping online.  I think Target is advertising early and so is Sears.

Gina

Gauwyn of Bracknell

It is fun to go out and see all the "Christmas Spirit and Joy" when you see 2 people fighting over something.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Butch

Gauwn, yeah, there is definitely some of that!  We usually decide where we're going, get those items, and leave.  We have usually lined up around 0300 for wherever had the doorbusters we wanted, but there isn't much that we really need this year.

Gotta get some stuff online at a couple of stores, and there are a few gifts at other local ones.

Welsh Wench

Wild horses couldn't drag me to the mall.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Auryn

My brother and a couple of his friends have been doing Black Friday for a couple of years.
They see it as a challenge- leave the house at like 2 am with gallons of hot coffee and choccolate.

Honestly there is nothing I need so bad that I am willing to go through that hell for a $20 discount on a slow cooker or something.

My boyfriend abhors crowds so thats another reason to sleep in late that day.

Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Grov

I would only go if I was hired as a zero responsibility bouncer.  I get open season on a$$holes.  Judge, jury, and executioner on the spot.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Captain Jack Wolfe

Not on your life.  I only go to the mall if there's no other choice.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

SirRichardBear

Not on your life great thing about TRF being open on Black Friday is that my out now not to take the wife shopping.  
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

RumbaRue

In the past I have, but not anymore. The lines for check-out are insane!!!!!

I try to buy things during the year that can be used for gifts come holiday times.

Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

ArielCallista

I always check out the ads and see if theres anything thats so super crazy cheap that its worth dealing with going...so i've only gone like once or twice haha...sadly this year I have to work on Black Friday...ugh
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

Lady Rebecca

I went for the first time last year. I went to Lane Bryant (in the mall) at 7am, and the mall was more empty than on a normal Saturday afternoon. I also hit Target later in the day, and the shelves were half empty. I was hoping to go again this year, but I will be going to my friend's home in middle of nowhere, North Texas for Turkey Day, and the nearest shopping center is over an hr away in Amarillo. So no Black Friday for me!