News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

International Jousting Tournament

Started by BLAKDUKE, November 18, 2009, 07:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAKDUKE

Come one Come all as we present the International Jousting Tournament to be held January 22, 23, 24 2010 at the Escambia Equestrian center in Pensacola Floridia.  For more info go to www.gcrf.us.

I have been asked to update this post this by people that are putting this event on.

THINK YOU CAN JOUST????   THEN COME PROVE IT AT THE 2010 TOURNAMENT BEING HELD AT THE EQUESTRIAN CENTER IN PENSACOLA, FLORIDA  JAN. 22, 23, 24 2010.  THIS IS A COME ONE COME ALL TOURNAMENT NOT A SPECIFIC INVITATIONAL WHERE ONLY CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS ARE INVITED.   THIS IS A FULL CONTACT JOUSTING EVENT, NO BALSA LANCES, NO SHAVED OR NOTCHED LANCES.   CAN YOU SIT A HORSE, HOLD A LANCE, HAVE ARMOR WILL TRAVEL, THEN COME, STAND AND BE RECOGNIZED, $500 ENTRY FEE WITH VARIOUS MONETARY AWARDS THROUGHOUT THE TOURNEY.  FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO THE SMALLER SOUTHERN FAIRES FORUM AND WEBSITE INFO WILL BE PROVIDED.

THE BLAKDUKE(in yet another role as a sort of herald). 

Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Fred Piraux

Hi BlakDuke !

Thanks for passing the info over.
The web site only proposes a general contact point for the RF that might just be remote from the joust manager so I will ask you rather.

Is there any chance, in your opinion, that this will really be an international event (open or invitational does not really matter) or will it just be another US Vs CND tourney ?  :-\

My friend Shane has been trying lately to attract internationals on International Jousting League forum for various events, but I didn't get to see equivalent enthousiasm as for those set up by Historic Enterprises in California.

Cheers,
Fred

BLAKDUKE

I have worked with Shane for the last several year at the Gulf Coast faires.  I spoke with him last week and did not think to ask him this.  Strickly speaking if it is a typical US vs CAN then it IS International.  Is is very expensive to get jousters from Europe at the best of times, but in this economy who knows.  If you like I will phone him and ask him about this and then post the results.   

Fred Piraux

Thanks BlakDuke.

QuoteStrickly speaking if it is a typical US vs CAN then it IS International.

I would certainly not oppose this ! The International Jousting League runs events with up to 13 nations but all nations are never represented in each divisions.
I understand it is quite hard for US promotors to get Euro taking part...
Still I can garantee the deterent aspect is not the economics as travelling with horses from Sweden to France is certainly equally expensive as flying to Florida.  ;)
(Actually for the next Belgian event, we have 3 US and 3 Canadians.)

I'm in regular contact with Shane, don't bother asking for me.
I thought with such short notice, the roster would have been established already.
I was just looking for your personal opinion.

Cheers,
Fred

LadyDracolich

I plan on being in attendance!  I love to see real jousting and not a show w/ pre-decided outcomes!  I do hope that it is a true international event w/ more in attendance than Canada and the U.S.

However, I'm not sure about the short notice bit... We have known about it since March.  Either way, I am looking forward to it!  :)
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: LadyDracolich on December 23, 2009, 10:03:24 AM
However, I'm not sure about the short notice bit... We have known about it since March.  Either way, I am looking forward to it!  :)

LADY D:

Your statement is technically correct, but I am not on any committee with the tournament, so any notices would have thad o come from the tourney promotors and such.  The day the notice came on the board was the same day that the Shane called and asked me to post a notice here to spread the word around.  Hope to see you there.

The BLAKDUKE

LadyHawkeontheHill

I too am looking forward to this event and shall be in attendance.
Willy Nilly on-the-wash town Strumpet
Castleteer Pillar
Irish Penny Brigade member

BLAKDUKE

Due to financial difficulties I will only be able to attend on Saturday.  However there is one thing I should mention that I think everyone should be aware of.   I have never attended an International Jousting Tourny, but I have been told that this is NOT a RennFaire type of setting, no vendors, no street characters.  The jousters themselves have told that no one wears garb to these events.  That does not mean you can't but I just thought I would pass along the info.

LadyDracolich

Well, my weekend is officially free!  :)  So I will be in attendance!  Looking forward to seeing the best jousters in the world! :)  And, I will be garb-less.  I'm staying w/ some relatives and they were sadly disappointed that I was going without garb.  My aunt said that's one of the things they look forward to when I come down for faire. :/  Ahh well, March is just around the corner! :D
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

How did this turn out? Who rode away the victor? ???

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Warrior Monk on January 26, 2010, 12:25:50 PM
How did this turn out? Who rode away the victor? ???

Well  I will have to let some others weigh in on that.  I was only there on Saturday and only for the noon to 4pm event.