News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Samhain

Started by Professor M, October 02, 2008, 02:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Griffith

Ralf,  you never get to introduce yourself because you are always busy taking great pictures and I never get an opportunity to thank you.  You do such a great job of capturing the moments that we all want to remember.  Thank you for being our eyes after the fact.  I'm glad you were there and I wish I had been able to thank you in person but you would have probably missed a great shot while I was doing it so we'll have to express our thanks here.  THANK YOU!
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Terry Griffith

To the rest of you, you are absolutely the best.  When you can have a great experience with dear friends and help someone at the same time, it doesn't get any better than that.  Just another reason our ren family is so important to us.  Thank you all for coming and I hope the evening was a memorable one.

Jan and I awoke yesterday to terrible colds.  I'm just glad it held off until yesterday and I hope we didn't pass it along.  I think I picked it up in in Buffalo.

I hope to everyone at the Harp again on the 23rd.

Love you all.

Terry Griffith

All the photos are done and on my PhotoBucket site, http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PittsburghIrishNetwork/Rennies%20at%20Samhain%202008/.  These 124 pictures and those of Ralf Brown make a great story of the day.

The day was one of those that we will remember for years to come.  Some highlights:  Kip won 2nd prize in the costume contest, The Sisters Ameritat won 3rd.  Kilted one and Lady Alchemy were chosen as the new King and Queen.  The Sisters danced with my music and Professor M amazed everyone with his mentalism and palm readings.

Everyone had a great time and the rennies outnumbered the rest of the crowd.

If anyone wants the large version of any of these suitable for printing, renmail me with an email address and I'll send them out.

Thanks to everyone who made it a great day.  See you there next year.

Professor M

Wow, there are some fun pictures in there.  It reminds me how much fun we had, while pointing out how much I missed while I was in the alcove giving readings!  It was a fun event, and I wouldn't change a minute of it.  I'm already looking forward to next year.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Terry Griffith

Just to give everyone an advanced notice, the date for Samhain  2009 has been decided.  It will be celebrated on November 1st.  That's a bye week for the Steelers.  Mark you calendars and I hope to see everyone back again this year. 

For those who missed it last year, check out the photos.  It was a great time.

Richard de Graeme

November 1st was decided long before now, me Brother. ;)
"For it is the doom of man that they forget."
NE OUBLIE!
Purveyor of dubious wisdom
Player of spoons
Herbalist

Terry Griffith

Quote from: Richard de Graeme on May 20, 2009, 07:42:29 PM
November 1st was decided long before now, me Brother. ;)

Granted, but we have to plan the observance hs to be planned around Steeler games and the availability of the pub.  In past years, it has been celebrated early in October.  Like Christmas parties, we use Samhain as an excuse to party (as if we needed an excuse).  Appologies to anyone who observes the date as part of their religous belief and may be offended by our secular use of the holiday.  We do explain the traditions as part of the program but most people just use it to have a gathering of friends.

Richard de Graeme

Understood and no offense taken. The spirit of the day counts. The veil thins on this day. Set an extra place at the table.

All Blessings be upon thee, thy kith and kin.
"For it is the doom of man that they forget."
NE OUBLIE!
Purveyor of dubious wisdom
Player of spoons
Herbalist

Professor M

Thanks for the advance notice, Terry.  We can start thinking of new ways to have fun.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Lady Alchemy

Thanks for the date.  I MUST put in on my calendar, after all I have a duty to report to my people the accomplishments of my reigning year and pass on my crown.

God Save the Queen. ;D
I LOVE  You Marcus!!!!!

Terry Griffith

Quote from: Lady Alchemy on May 23, 2009, 07:00:27 AM
Thanks for the date.  I MUST put in on my calendar, after all I have a duty to report to my people the accomplishments of my reigning year and pass on my crown.

God Save the Queen. ;D

Yes, Your Majesty.  We look forward to  hearing about the good deeds of you and King Kilted One.  Miss you both.

Maybe see you tonight at the Harp?