News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Most annoying question at faire? and your answer.

Started by Queen Bonnie, February 14, 2010, 03:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

WIZARD ?!  I am not a wizard.... I am Merlin!  
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

kcdcchef

my new favorite question i hated this year, "does anyone know where they have wifi out here?"

Merlin

Quote from: kcdcchef on February 23, 2010, 11:46:39 PM
my new favorite question i hated this year, "does anyone know where they have wifi out here?"

Oh dear God..... a stab in my back. I feel it....it's EXCALIBER..... stabbing in my back.....
The dragon breaths but only to trap me....
ANA NETHRAK

NOOoooooo

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Merlin on February 23, 2010, 11:26:13 PM
WIZARD ?!  I am not a wizard.... I am Merlin!  

And here i thought that picture was from the Day of Wrong...  :o

*Just kidding, Merlin... no hex's please!! I'm an weed puller... everyone can testify to that   ;D  *
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Dinobabe

That falls in with my Boy Scout Troop.  The boys bring all kinds of electronic stuff on campouts.  Why?!  You are supposed to be enjoying the non-modern aspects!

At Bristol my grandma had a small TV in her room (she lived there all nine weeks) but rarely watched it because there was so much more to enjoy by living on site. :)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

LadyElizabeth

Merlin, have you seen the movie "The Last Legion"?  It's an excellent rendition of the tale of Merlin, Arthur, and Uther Pendragon!!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

VIII

I have fun when people throw 'quotes' at me, like they were the first one to think of it.

At Scarborough (I Play King Henry VIII):
Them: "It's good to be the King!"
Me: "How would you know?" ;)

At ScreamS (I Play a dead Pirate):
Them: "Hey, Capt. Jack Sparrow!" alt "Hey, Capt. Barbossa!"
Me: (pointing at them) "Hey, Dumb and Dumber!" :D
(I can get away with being mean, after all, I'm a dead Pirate!)
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

Merlin

Quote from: LadyElizabeth on February 24, 2010, 10:04:02 AM
Merlin, have you seen the movie "The Last Legion"?  It's an excellent rendition of the tale of Merlin, Arthur, and Uther Pendragon!!

I have not but I'll go get it right now.
I just watched "Excalibur" which has been one of my favorite movies for many years.

Dinobabe

Quote from: VIII on February 24, 2010, 10:17:44 AM
I have fun when people throw 'quotes' at me, like they were the first one to think of it.

AWESOME! :D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Merlin

Quote from: VIII on February 24, 2010, 10:17:44 AM

I LOL'd

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Merlin on February 24, 2010, 10:46:10 AM
Quote from: LadyElizabeth on February 24, 2010, 10:04:02 AM

I have not but I'll go get it right now.
I just watched "Excalibur" which has been one of my favorite movies for many years.

I second that... Excalibur is a great flick.  Patrick Stewart with hair... lol.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Dinobabe on February 24, 2010, 10:02:45 AM

That falls in with my Boy Scout Troop.  The boys bring all kinds of electronic stuff on campouts.  Why?!  You are supposed to be enjoying the non-modern aspects!

At Bristol my grandma had a small TV in her room (she lived there all nine weeks) but rarely watched it because there was so much more to enjoy by living on site. :)

At the Minnesota RF, one of the pubs has a fairly large TV to show the Viking games on Sunday  8)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Finnian

On the note of quotes, and being dumb, before we did garb, as a sort of joke/challenge back in our days in youth we would set out a sort of scaevnger hunt, where we would get points for completing certain challenges. An example: My sister is a LotR nerd. We passed a guy who WASN'T in garb at all, just shorts/teeshirt, but he was carrying a replica of Saruman's staff from the films. Naturally we made my sister approach him and recite an entire piece from Gandalf to Saruman from the books. It was rather funny actually. We also have a LOT of Jack Sparrows at our faire especially on Pirate Weekend, so obviously a lot of quoting and dumb'ness goes on there. From both ends of the conversation. >>

kcdcchef

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on February 24, 2010, 11:46:34 AM

At the Minnesota RF, one of the pubs has a fairly large TV to show the Viking games on Sunday  8)

i guess i shouldnt throw stones since i dont do garb anymore. although i have always thought about starting again. anyways, i dont mind others who dont do garb either, but what my pet peeve has always been those who come to faire wearing NFL football stuff and jerseys. GET A CLUE!!! at least i wear a renfest sweatshirt!!!!  i was always shocked KCRF didnt do something with regards to showing chiefs games somewhere in the 90's when they were a winning team. not that i would want them too.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: kcdcchef on February 24, 2010, 12:15:34 PM
Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on February 24, 2010, 11:46:34 AM

i guess i shouldnt throw stones since i dont do garb anymore. although i have always thought about starting again. anyways, i dont mind others who dont do garb either, but what my pet peeve has always been those who come to faire wearing NFL football stuff and jerseys. GET A CLUE!!! at least i wear a renfest sweatshirt!!!!  i was always shocked KCRF didnt do something with regards to showing chiefs games somewhere in the 90's when they were a winning team. not that i would want them too.

by the way, we will be returning to your faire Columbus day weekend for all 3 days - really liked your shire!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell