News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You Know You're a True Rennie if...

Started by Var Greyshadow, May 29, 2008, 07:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magpie Flynn

Quote from: Lady Gryphon on April 16, 2012, 10:50:06 PM
Or For the ladies,

Your bodice fits better and feels better than any Bra you have in your possession.

SOOOOO true.

Merlin the Elder

You're driving into Faire and you see two young men in Kilts walking along the side of the road in the opposite direction and you don't think anything of it.  ...

Well, I thought something odd was going on! They were walking away from the faire!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Dinobabe

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 17, 2012, 08:53:48 PM
You're driving into Faire and you see two young men in Kilts walking along the side of the road in the opposite direction and you don't think anything of it.  ...

Well, I thought something odd was going on! They were walking away from the faire!

I was thinking the same thing!!! :o
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Hoowil

after nearly two hours of instruction from a Roman auxilary legionary reenactor, your 5 year old asks why she can't have her own set of short throwing spears.
..and after a few minutes, you realize you're trying to think of where to get kid sized spears, instead of thinking of why not.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

My boss at walmart called me into the office...

To tell me he had taken his son to a ghenghis khan exhibit, and he wanted to know about making chainmail for said son. We talked about how it worked for about 15 minutes, and the next day i brought him in samples from home to check out.

cowgrrl

You're in the market to buy a car so you visit the local dealership. As you're sitting in the car devising your game plan your DH says 'Well, the vultures are out' (meaning the sales guys). Your daughter, who loves the Birds of Prey show at your local Faire says 'Where?!?!' & starts looking around excitedly for the vulture.

ladylissame

When you have a rental and you are debating if this is the kind of car you want to get for your next one, until you realize that the trunk was made for mundane use and there is no way you could fit all of your faire stuff in there

iain robb

Quote from: ladylissame on May 06, 2012, 07:31:30 PM
When you have a rental and you are debating if this is the kind of car you want to get for your next one, until you realize that the trunk was made for mundane use and there is no way you could fit all of your faire stuff in there

Golly, been there, done that.

This summer we packed up all our (relatively extravagant) camping gear in our little Ford Focus, and barely had room for my wife and I. So as we were talking about perhaps camping at a Faire or two this coming fall, we realized, "To do that, we need a bigger car!"

The nest is almost empty (one 18-year-old to push out soon), and we're thinking about a bigger car.  ???

Merlin the Elder

We made that decision. We wanted enough room to pack people and garb to go to faires. Homer, the Odyssey, comfortably transported 5 of us from Little Rock to Sherwood Forest and back, then again to Scarborough. Faire-going was what made us decide to get such a large vehicle, and at home, it's just Nim and I.

Lady Kett

Quote from: iain robb on May 07, 2012, 10:31:07 AM

This summer we packed up all our (relatively extravagant) camping gear in our little Ford Focus, and barely had room for my wife and I. So as we were talking about perhaps camping at a Faire or two this coming fall, we realized, "To do that, we need a bigger car!"

The nest is almost empty (one 18-year-old to push out soon), and we're thinking about a bigger car.  ???

Haha Iain! We have a Ford Escape for Faire purposes. Traded in a pickup for it a few years ago for much the same reasoning! Sidekick is a Ford diehard. Me, ever since I got to give up the Family Car, I go where the cute cars are. ;)

iain robb

Oh my, I just realized ... that was last summer. "This summer" is almost upon us already.

Is losing track of time another sign you're a true Rennie? Or does it just mean I'm getting old?

Lady Kett

I bought a card today that says on the front, "Do you know what day it is?" and on the inside it says, "Me neither".

I think it must be, Iain! if it's not a day at Faire, they all just run together.

cowgrrl

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 07, 2012, 12:29:14 PM
We made that decision. We wanted enough room to pack people and garb to go to faires. Homer, the Odyssey, comfortably transported 5 of us from Little Rock to Sherwood Forest and back, then again to Scarborough. Faire-going was what made us decide to get such a large vehicle, and at home, it's just Nim and I.

We just bought a new Odyssey & hubby tried to name it Homer.  I refused (its a GIRL!) so her name is Nausicaa (female character in Odyssey & also the main character of one of the kids favorite anime movies).

Merlin the Elder

Nausicaa is a better name! We can't have two Homer, the Odyssey's in the parking lot. They would have an identity crisis!

You'll enjoy it, Cowgrrl. It's an awesome travel vehicle. Very comfy.

LadyFae

Quote from: iain robb on May 07, 2012, 10:31:07 AM

LOL!  You didn't have enough room?  AuntieGiggles and I both have a Ford Focus and we always use one of them for Fest going and the trunk holds plenty of garb, picnic baskets, blankets, wings and things for her, myself, and my three little girls!  AND the interior holds three carseats in the backseat!  (VERY tightly squeezed, but they fit!) One of the reasons the husband and I bought ours was BECAUSE of the larger trunk space!
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"