News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What do you use for home security?

Started by Valiss, August 10, 2010, 04:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molden

How about a mess of beans and an aim n' flame?
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Hoowil

The typical. Assortment of swords, a couple axes, daggers and knives, skillets, spears, rifle, .22 deringer, and

Thinking about it, there is not a room in the house without some kind of weapon. All are at least 6 feet off the ground, or locked up for kid safety, but they are pretty much everywhere.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Queen Bonnie

Spells, potions, snakes and spiders. Dragons, moat monsters and I have my wee claymore by my bed! And I play opera music really loud! LOL.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Pascal

Big Dog and Little Dog (who thinks she's a big dog) are the first line of warning and defense.  You don't want to mess with Little Dog -- she was descended from wolfs (well, okay ... little bitty ones).

Can't count on the cats -- they'd sell us out in an instant.

Second line are a pistol-grip 12 with alternating 00 and 4 buck, third line are some Smith & Wesson's cached in easy reach.  If it ever got to fourth line, we'd have to go to the gun safe.

When you need help in seconds, the police are minutes away.

Sir Ironhead

NRA Life Member sticker in the window of the door and back window of truck.
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

DeadBishop

Attack ferrets.  Two of 'em. 

Oh, and countless swords, knives, and semi-automatic weapons.  And that's only if they make it past the kitchen before I get them with my Slap Chop... ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

Sir Ironhead

Not the slap chop!  That's cruel and unusual punishment, I promise to behave  ;D
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Merlin the Elder

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

mpullen

The two mutts as early warning system.

Glock 17 with multiple loaded clips and a night sight. If the invaders give me time, have about 500 rounds of hollow points to make my point.

Anyone left alive get staked out for the fireants.

Toarmod

Quote from: DeadBishop on August 15, 2010, 01:08:45 AM
Attack ferrets.  Two of 'em.  

Oh, and countless swords, knives, and semi-automatic weapons.  And that's only if they make it past the kitchen before I get them with my Slap Chop... ;D

LOL "Slap Chop"

I have my 'lil pooch and a few weapons of "medium to light" destruction. Nothing says, "Get the hell out!" like a pump action shotgun.

DeadBishop

Quote from: Toarmod on August 16, 2010, 08:12:31 PM

Nothing says, "Get the hell out!" like a pump action shotgun.

Can I get an AMEN!

R/F.com member since 2003

Malcolm

YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."