News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What are some unexplainable things you have witnessed in your life?

Started by Valiss, August 24, 2010, 03:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valiss

Have you seen a ghost, spirit or other supernatural being? Have you had any strange experiences that you cant explain?  Share them here!

Years ago I was hanging at a friends house just messing around after school. His parents werent due home until later, so it was the place to hang out. Well, he was doing his laundry in between us playing videos games and playing ball. We went into his garage so he could change the load over from the washer to the dryer. While we stood there chatting as I watched him move the load into the empty dryer.

A couple of hours later, we returned to his garage to get his finished laundry, and when he unloaded it there was a pair of womens socks in there. The only woman living in the house was his mother and these certianly weren't hers (and they were the wrong size anyway). We couldnt figure out where they came from at all, but just brushed it off. Over the course of the next few months, other random articles of clothing would appear in his dryer loads: things like shirts, underwear, socks, etc. None of it his and none of it his parents. To this day we never figured out how all that random clothes was getting in there.

Not exactly a ghost story, but still unexplainable to this day.

Just Randall

I keep telling people that clothes dryers open up a localized teleportation vortex, but no one believes me...
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

Valiss

Quote from: captfletcher on August 24, 2010, 05:28:45 PM
I keep telling people that clothes dryers open up a localized teleportation vortex, but no one believes me...

That was actually our theory at the time.  What's your story?

Becky10

The cat was heading down the hallway one day so we shot a rubber band at her and she seriously just floated right about it three feet in the air for a good 40 seconds, which doesn't seem that long until you try to recreate it!
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

dbaldock

Quote from: captfletcher on August 24, 2010, 05:28:45 PM

I believe that the Teleportation Vortex works like this --- Usually, when random socks disappear in the dryer, random extra hangers appear in the closet...   ;)    :D

So, in your friend's case, were hangers disappearing from the closets?   ;D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Lady Christina de Pond

Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Mairte

I got one. We went to my family's house one weekend. In the packing process, I loaded up my daughters portable DVD player. I saw it in the trunk. She took it upstairs when we got there and put it on the bed. My daughter, myself and son saw it there.
A few hours later it was gone.
I thought my youngest niece might have hidden it somewhere as "treasure" for later. She has done it before.
We had not found the dvd player by the time we were headed home.
Get home, walk in the door and its sitting there on the coffee table!  :o

Merlin the Elder

I needed to do a little minor roof repair. I went into the garage to get my roofing hammer from the hook where it was always kept, but it was gone. I looked around the garage for an hour and couldn't find it. So I went to the hardware store and bought a shiny new roofing hammer. I made the repairs and put away the spare shingles, then hung my new hammer on the hook...right there along with my old hammer.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...