News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Renting a costume

Started by colewaters, October 31, 2010, 03:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colewaters

I'll be attending the Carolina Renaissance Festival for the first time in a couple years this week. I have never gone in costume before and I don't know where to start. I was planning just to rent a costume this year and work on gathering stuff for next year. Does anyone have any info on the garb available to be rented especially plus size and pricing?

Thanks so much for your help. I'm new and clueless.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Here in MInnesota where I live, I worked at a Costume Shop for many years before going out on my own doing Custom Made garb. One of the rental demographics I focused on was the Plus Sized female customer be that Ren related costumes or other genres. Women come in all shapes and sizes. We're not all size 6's or 14's.

Call area costume shops within a 30 mile radius of you and ask them if they  have plus sized costumes in their inventories in the genre you are interested in. Do some research online as well.

Good luck to you.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde