News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

July 26 & 27

Started by Scotsman, July 08, 2008, 06:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Lady Guinness and I have cleared our schedules and plan to make the trek to Sterling. I just wanted to get a feel for whom might be there and what we should look out for.

Needless to say this is our first trip up & this will be our only "new" faire adventure this year so we are wicked excited about coming up for a visit.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Peddlin

Cool! And when are you going to be there?
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Peddlin

Well, duh! Sorry 'bout that. Guess I'm not paying attention.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

irish

I shall be there on that Sunday! I will be wearing my black suede.....{I have others but I love that one!} We will get there about noon. I will also have my "RF" pin on.
Drive safely up!!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Lady Amy of York

I will be there too . Not sure  which day yet.   That is pirate theme  weekend  so i will be dressed as" Captain Amy"  from   my pirate ship  "  The Lusty Lady". I'll have my velvet  pirate hat,  my  black Captain's frock coat( unless it is hot out ), my red captains  vest,  my  frilly shirt, black  skirt, and boots  on.  I also have  aparrot  that goes  on  my shoulder    i  might bring.
   I think some of my crew  from the ship maybe  joining  me  too.
        I  know Clereon Swiftarrow  will be there,   and maybe   Beeboy.

I'll have my RF pin on.

Glad you can join us    Scotsmen.     Sterling is  a  great faire, and  pirate theme  weekend is always  a fun weekend.      Hope  to see you there !

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Scotsman

Thank you both ... it looks like a good go! As for now we will probably drive up Friday afternoon, attend faire on Saturday and drive home Sunday AM.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Arianwyn

Hi Scotsman & Lady Guinness!

So wonderful to have had the opportunity to get to know you both this past weekend at GLMF.  I too will be heading up to Sterling on July 26 & 27.....I will be arriving early Saturday morning and staying over to Sunday aft. 

Will there be a parking lot party there too?   ;D

Hope you are able to summon the RF'ers for an invasion....!!!!!  Would be great to see some old friends and make some new ones.

Be well.....

Arianwyn

Scotsman

Quote from: Arianwyn on July 08, 2008, 09:27:33 PM

I will be arriving early Saturday morning and staying over to Sunday aft. 

Will there be a parking lot party there too?   ;D
Arianwyn

Awesome lass! It will be good to see you again as well. I imagine Lady Guinness will have something up her sleeve for Saturday AM  ;) I too hope others come join the party, but we do realize in these fiscally troubled times that sacrifices must be made.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

The Bunny People

Good Scotsman,
Mistress Patricia and I, Maxwell, are there every weekend.  By then we'll be in our pirate characters, red and black.  I'll be wearing my kilt.  And if they are out of the game bag that is usually over my shoulder, our rabbits (puppets) Captain Jack Rabbit and his first mate Juliet should be hard to miss.
Magically yours,
Maxwell the Magician of the Bunny People

Tygrkat

My Fiance {and probably my soon-to-be sister-in-law, too  ;D} and I will be there on Saturday {the 26th} in our Piratical best {same as last year unless a miracle happens and I get the skirt finished and a new chemise falls from the sky!} ! I'll be sans R/F pin as the wedding has pretty much taken up the part of the budget for 'extras' { Pirate's weekend is a NECESSITY  ;) }

Still, I'd love to meet up with everyone, is there a specific meeting spot and/or time, or should I just stick close to the pub and look for pins?  ;)

HUZZAH!!!
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

irish

A change in plans! I will be there on the 26th! I will look for you!!! :D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

Scotsman

All is well. Lady Guinness and I plan to hit the road on Friday afternoon for an evening arrival. As usual, we will be in the parking lot early for our little tailgate. We will have our "usual" libations and invite anyone to join us for pre-faire tailgate. Those of you looking for us will easily find us out there early. It looks like gate is 1030 so we will most likely be in the parking lot between 0900 - 0930ish. We are looking forward to meeting the crew at Sterling. I hope to meet you all there. Until then, safe travels all!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Arianwyn

Huzzah Scotsman & Lady Guinness!!!!

I hope to be there between 9:30 and 10am......looking forward to seeing you both again and meeting the Sterling crowd....

Thank you for hosting the tailgate...always a pleasure!

Arianwyn

irish

What can I add for the faire tailgate? Let me know!!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

Scotsman

Quote from: irish on July 21, 2008, 05:12:00 PM
What can I add for the faire tailgate? Let me know!!
irish

Since we are traveling we are going to keep it simple as possible ... although it never is. We will have "spirits" and most likely some meats & cheese with a bread that will be good for breakfast & lunch sandwiches. Whatever you would like to add feel free. All are welcome and we usually have a pretty good time of it before gate.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56