News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Movies we'd like to see be made

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, July 11, 2008, 09:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Rae

QuoteThe Dresden Files (not the dreck they tried to pass off as a TV series)
The Kim Harrison series (Dead Witch Walking, et al)

YEs and yes!

Also...Jaqualine Carrey's Kushiel novels...although there would be absolutley no was to make them familt friendly and stay true to the charaters...

Phillip McGuinness

I'd love to see a movie of Dan Simmons' The Terror.

And didn't care much for Garth Nix's Sabriel, but as I read it I couldn't help thinking it would make a better movie than book.
Got any ale?

www.drunknsailor.com

Queen_of_Navarre

I second the vote for Dragonriders of Pern, too bad it almost made it to the filming.

Also, the Crystal Cave is one of my ALL time favorites
Reyna Marguerite Regina d'Navarre
Royal Order of Landsharks #45
Keeper of the Hairless Cats
Artist of Crescent Moon

alyria stargazer

I know they already made it but it sucked so Someone should redo The Mists of Avalon and make the way it should be done. No leaving out key characters and never fully explaining things... it made me sad.

Can't remember who mentioned The Song of Ice and Fire but you should go to Donaldsons webpage and check out the info on the HBO special they are supposed to be getting up soon!! If they don't do a good job I'm going to hurt somebody!

It would be Difficult and would have to be broken down into several films, not just the Three books  it is now, but I would LOVE to see a good movie based on the Ender Trilogy by Orson Scott Card I think it was... It has been so long but the books have always stuck with me...

They made a crappy animated movie based on the Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight... I got it for my 3 yr. old but I was VERY disappointed. It would be hard to make that series into a movie without getting cheesy and having to cut out alot though I guess...

Man, now I just want to go back and read for a year straight so I can relive all these adventures and I don't have that kind of time... :'(

Alyria
We are the Music Makers and we are the Dreamers of Dreams...
Mistress of Serendipity Haven..
Guppy No. 64.

Welsh Wench

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on July 17, 2008, 03:50:42 PM
Someone touched a bit on my subject a bit earlier, something about the MORELAND CHRINICLES AND RICHARD III

I would like to see a movie based on what the actual historical documents have to say on the life of RICHARD III
not some Shakesperian ramblings better suited to puff up the Tudor dynasty.  Or how about making a movie based on
Josephine Teys book, Daughter of Time, with some flashback scenes using Kendalls biographical book as source material.

I am trying to visualize who would play the parts. 

I'm just sorry our last discussion on the boards about whether Richard III was villain or victim was lost in the Great Crash of May 2008. Very interesting theories were presented.

And Blakduke--I think Alan Rickman would be the PERFECT Richard III.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Kimba Nevil

I would really like to see some one take on the task of doing the Amber series by Roger Zelazny.  I think that it would have to be done as a mini series to work.  I know that SCi-Fi channel started to do one but it looked horrible.  It would take some one with some real guts to do it.
Landshark #80

Queen Bonnie

I agree with Welsh Wench. I am amazed no one has made a movie of Mary Stewart's great books on Merlin The Arthurian lore.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Morgan Dreadlocke

Though t'was done in cartoon form 'bout 40 year ago,  the time be right sez I, fer White's "The Once and Future King"&" The Book of Merlin" ta be remade.
My intentions are to commandeer a venue, sail to Tortuga, then pick, strum and otherwise play me weasily black guts out.

Cobaltblu

"Rennibal"

About a Hannibal Lechter type character who performs at Renaissance Festivals and eats unsuspecting patrons/acts/cast.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

GypsyWriter

Quote from: Welsh Wench on July 19, 2008, 09:48:39 AM
...And Blakduke--I think Alan Rickman would be the PERFECT Richard III.

YES, Welsh Wench--excellent suggestion!
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette

Robert Phoenix

Since they seem to be making lots of movie's out of young adult books I would love to see the Faerie Chronicles by Melling

And they need to let Henson's company redo Stardust.  The market should have been a cross between a ren faire and Labrynth

ladyecho

"I would enter your sleep if I could, and guard you there,and slay the thing that hounds you, as I would if it had the courage to face me in fair daylight. But I cannot come in unless you dream of me."

---  Prince Lir  ---

I woud love to see a live-action remake of The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle. The was an internet site that said it was in the works, but it years ago when I last saw it.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

The Elric and Stormbringer books would make interesting movies. Especially after seeing Hellboy this weekend and the guy playing the prince
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Welsh Wench on July 19, 2008, 09:48:39 AM
Quote from: BLAKDUKE on July 17, 2008, 03:50:42 PM
Someone touched a bit on my subject a bit earlier, something about the MORELAND CHRINICLES AND RICHARD III

I would like to see a movie based on what the actual historical documents have to say on the life of RICHARD III
not some Shakesperian ramblings better suited to puff up the Tudor dynasty.  Or how about making a movie based on
Josephine Teys book, Daughter of Time, with some flashback scenes using Kendalls biographical book as source material.

I am trying to visualize who would play the parts. 

I'm just sorry our last discussion on the boards about whether Richard III was villain or victim was lost in the Great Crash of May 2008. Very interesting theories were presented.

And Blakduke--I think Alan Rickman would be the PERFECT Richard III.

Hey Wenchie:

You may be blonde and all the rest of that, but don't ever let anyone call you dumb,  not even me, unless of course there is a twinkle in my eye and a smirk on my face.  Excellent choice M'lady.  Never even came to mind.  I was so miffed of the choice of actors for M.I.T.I.M.
DiCaprio ......   please,  eye candy for the ladies surely,  but I never could get past his 'Hey Surfer Dude' demeanor.  The only one that I felt was at home with their role was Porthos.    That mis-casting left me in limbo as to who to come up with for Richard III, but you nailed it.     
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Lady de Laney on July 21, 2008, 08:45:45 AM
The Elric and Stormbringer books would make interesting movies. Especially after seeing Hellboy this weekend and the guy playing the prince

I saw that character in some of the trailers that appear on T.V.  and I immediately thought is that Elric?????  I at first only read the first two books many years ago, and have since come into possesion of the full set.  One of these days I will get around to reading them.   Along those same lines how about "The Jewel in the Skull" series.  I have read all of those and think they would fare well in the movies.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel