News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hurricane Ike - where will you be?

Started by Var Greyshadow, September 11, 2008, 12:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleDragon

Quote from: Var Greyshadow on September 16, 2008, 12:02:53 PM
Quote from: PurpleDragon on September 16, 2008, 08:42:57 AM
Now if I could only find a place to get gas for my vehicles, and ICE to keep stuff cold I'd be doing alright.

Here are a couple of links for that stuff:
PODs (hope there's one near you): http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou080915_tnt_supply_centers.7a484857.html

Thanks Var,  unfortunately, all those PODS are either inside the 610 loop or south of Houston.  I live on the NE side out in Humble/Kingwood area, not worth spending all that gas trying to get to someplace that might have stuff.. LOL.. ;)
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

JackGonzo, MD

Dragon, I know there were some places in Conroe/Magnolia area selling or giving out ice. I want to say one was a high school in Conroe. Either the Randalls or Kroger on 1488 had ice at one point, no idea if they still do.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

PurpleDragon

wife managed to get some ice today (3 bags) at Kroger on 59 at 1960.  We have some pretty good coolers so that should last us a couple to three days, and I'm going to try and snag some on the way home from work tonight as well.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Var Greyshadow

Just checked with a colleague from Kingwood - there are no PODs currently in your area.  There is one in Greenspoint on Imperial Valley that might be the closest.  Good Luck!

Off to see if any of my stations have gas!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

valt

Bonny Pearl

We just got power back yesterday afternoon in Magnolia!  Found it sort of hard to sleep without the hum of the generator, lol.  I hope everyone is doing well and safe.  We had to go to Brenham to get supplies and gasoline, but that was really nothing compared to what some folks will have to struggle through.  My heart and prayers go out to everyone.

Cheers!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Var Greyshadow

Chevron in Greenspoint has gas (lines were reasonable yesterday), and it looks like the Exxon may get back on line today. 

Power still out at the apartment.  It's going to be weird when I don't have to go around lighting oil lamps and candles every evening.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

KeeperoftheBar

Life is slowly getting back to normal-like.  I actually pulled straight up to a gas pump this morning with no waiting.  Of course it was at 5:30 AM but still...
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Tipsy Gypsy

Steve Ogden has warned Entergy to get power restored Caldwell, Navasota and Somerville by Wednesday, or else. http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/28491309.html
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

PurpleDragon

I know they have opened a POD at the Humble Civic Center (On Will Clayton Parkway) as of yesterday,  My wife will be going there today to get ice, water and food.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Blue66669

HA!!!!

Brimstone Blue and Erik the Green + 2 insane renlets have survived Ike. Love and shout outs to DS and Aiacha, who put us up for 4 days till we got power to the apartment.

I was blessed with Hurricane Luck- the ability to procure things in a timely manner that others could not!

I think my stay with DS has scarred me for life. Well, at least until faire anyhow...
Blaidd Drwg

HollyAtFairyEffects

Yea!  My hubby waited in line for an hour last night, but he was able to put gas in the van.  Now we will be able to work on the new booth this weekend!  He was also able to get a few groceries, including...A FROZEN PIZZA!  YEA!  It's not canned food!

Lord Dragonspyre

Quote from: blue66669 on September 17, 2008, 08:41:36 AM
HA!!!!

Brimstone Blue and Erik the Green + 2 insane renlets have survived Ike. Love and shout outs to DS and Aiacha, who put us up for 4 days till we got power to the apartment.

The kids weren't that bad. The worst thing was dealing with Hurricane Ike, only to have Hurricane Blue come through...  ;D :D

QuoteI was blessed with Hurricane Luck- the ability to procure things in a timely manner that others could not!

This I can attest to. Dear God what she was able to get her hands on... oops, I think that qualifies as a Roguemouth...

QuoteI think my stay with DS has scarred me for life. Well, at least until faire anyhow...

Don't make me whip out your full name, blue...
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

Yrose

We are at my dad's till further notice, still no power at his house either though. Not doing too bad though, been able to get ice and gas to keep us going. Back at work full time and have internet here. I do need to wash clothes though, don't think they would appreciate me coming to work nekked    :P
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Aiacha

It was my first real hurricane, so DS and I drove around surveying the damage on saturday...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v485/Aiacha/Ike/