News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TRF 2ND ANNUAL THANKSGIVING POT LUCK DINNER- ALL ARE WELCOME!

Started by Blue66669, October 13, 2008, 02:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dragonspyre

Quote from: MacLaren on October 16, 2008, 05:06:13 AM
I'm in for a truckload of firewood and a table. May think of some type of food as well.

Just cut the firewood down to more manageable sizes this time... LOL
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

LadyTrinn

Quote from: Lord Dragonspyre on October 16, 2008, 06:26:27 AM
I'm in for a truckload of firewood and a table. May think of some type of food as well.

Picky!!
I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it~As You Like It~W. Shakespeare~

Lord Dragonspyre

Quote from: LadyTrinn on October 16, 2008, 12:21:31 PM
Quote from: Lord Dragonspyre on October 16, 2008, 06:26:27 AM

Picky!!

After unloading some of it and trying to fit those telephone poles into the fire pit, I think I deserve to be...
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

MacLaren

I'll be pulling the chainsaw out next week for all hallows. Let not your heart be troubled, it shall be remedied.

picky picky ;D
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Martin Montgomery

Not to be left out!!!!!!      Martin Montgomery will make the trip with several pies and for the other *DRY* clan members a cooler of soft drinks!! Still planning to throw myself on the mercy of the Camp Cook Z !!!!
Half the man I used to be!! 
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor

Lishy

Dennis and I should be there (our first time-yay) with Loki, adult chocolate covered fruit, and most likely either my sweet potatoe casserole or bread and honeybutter. . .

We have a 10x10 canopy and a few chairs if those would help any. . .
Muintir Go Deo!
SquishyLishy, Squeak, 1/2 of D-Lish
Clan o hEighnigh

Catherine DArtois

HEY!  I missed the starting of this thread!! Where have I been??? (Oh, yeah, avoiding the threads out of jealousy cause we can't be there every weekend.... anyway...)  I have the rum cakes in the works (one whole one "just" for Teach... but we can make his share... maybe).  Last year we brought several pies.  But it looks like there might already be several of those coming.  So I'm thinking Corny Corn Bread?  It's kind of like a corn pudding.  Very buttery.  Yeah.  What else?  Have I seen any turkeys yet? (I mean, besides YOU GUYS?)
Campfire Chili Mistress
Clan McLotofus

*Teach*

Quote from: Catherine DArtois on October 18, 2008, 02:18:15 PM
HEY!  I missed the starting of this thread!! Where have I been??? (Oh, yeah, avoiding the threads out of jealousy cause we can't be there every weekend.... anyway...)  I have the rum cakes in the works (one whole one "just" for Teach... but we can make his share... maybe).  Last year we brought several pies.  But it looks like there might already be several of those coming.  So I'm thinking Corny Corn Bread?  It's kind of like a corn pudding.  Very buttery.  Yeah.  What else?  Have I seen any turkeys yet? (I mean, besides YOU GUYS?)
Hehe... i knew someone out there would care enough to bring me a rum cake... sigh
Now... can someone figure out a tequila cake for the Lovely Lady Trinn?

*rum cakes... nature's perfect food*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

mpullen

Golly gee. I posted a message asking what I should bring and there wasn't a response.

Perhaps I should not prepare the Cornish game hens this year?

Perhaps I shall not marinade them in lemon juice and rosemary for two days.

Perhaps I shall not then deep fry them to get the crispy golden skin.

And then shall I not cleft them in twain and place them in the oven to seep in the marinade for an hour or so, along with a dallop or so of butter?

Nay, say it is not so, that none desire to partake of this delight.

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: mpullen on October 18, 2008, 05:45:36 PM
Golly gee. I posted a message asking what I should bring and there wasn't a response.

And then shall I not cleft them in twain and place them in the oven to seep in the marinade for an hour or so, along with a dallop or so of butter?

You are most certainly welcome to bring them to my house, since I shall be unable to attend!!! So far today this is the only thing that has stirred my appetite at all, and I think I may need to raid the larder soon! Yummy!

Me thinks it will not be long before replies are pouring in, although many are still at faire just now.
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

LadyTrinn

Quote from: mpullen on October 18, 2008, 05:45:36 PM

*raises hand*

IDOIDOIDOIDO!!!! MEMEMEMEME!!!
I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it~As You Like It~W. Shakespeare~

Catherine DArtois

I found the Turkey -- it's MPullen!!  You nut!  of COURSE we want your delectible entrees!! As many as you can pack and we'll clean them to their wee little marinated bones!!!!! YUM!!!!!
Campfire Chili Mistress
Clan McLotofus

Blue66669

Ok people, updated to here. Please please please don't forget to sign up. THANKS!!!!

and mpullen, if you forgetsies that game hen, joo can forgetsies comin to my camp LOL. LOVE YOUR HENS, BRING THEM PLEEEEEEAASE!!!
Blaidd Drwg

Muffin

Hey Blue!! Mark me down for bringing Lefsa...  :-*

*not Lutefisk... Lefsa!!*  :D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Elnarii

We're now up to 9 heads, at least 5 tents coming with us to join McLotofus for this weekend... We will roll in sometime around dinner time with a nice desert surprise.  ;) :D