News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Photo Thread for Our Armored Personas

Started by Chris B, April 23, 2009, 01:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serenity

Quote from: Archer on August 10, 2011, 11:02:10 AM
Some great pics in this thread.

This one is courtesy of Angus Macinnes.

The great helm, shield, best sword and axe were at home, resting.

I can't help but think "He chose...poorly" when I see this pic.  Love it.  And all the rest of you guys' armor.  It is some amazing work!!!

Dale - I love your horse!
DoRT
OBL
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3798

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Serenity on May 21, 2012, 12:39:04 PM

I can't help but think "He chose...poorly" when I see this pic.  Love it.  And all the rest of you guys' armor.  It is some amazing work!!!

LOL That didn't even cross my mind until you said it but its perfect!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Archer

Some things are sweeter with age.   8)
Want a better world ?   Be a better person.

Every person is a new door to a different world.

Chris B

I have been away from this thread for way too long.  Playing violin, work and other commitments have kept me preoccupied with other passions.  I love the additional sets that have been posted over the past two years.  I never get tired of seeing other people's visions and sets.  I mean, it is not like most people have armor anymore so seeing a good set-up is always cool.  

Crashbot - That Viking persona is coming along well.  I would say go with maille if given the choice since there is still a lot of debate over lamellar and the ring is better documented.  Then you could always use it for reenacting should you ever chose to use it outside of fairs.  I am curious where you ended up getting your helmet and boots.  I am guessing Alan (Merc Tailor) for the spanghen helm and Armlann for the boots?  Where did you end up getting your sword?  Regardless, the kit is looking nice and you seriously need to tell me the weekend you will wear it this year.  It would be nice to have a fellow Viking to walk around with some on Barbarian weekend since we are not performing anymore.  

Alan - In case you are still lurking, I am really sorry about your business.  Your works are some of my most prized posessions in my collection.  

Archer - The older you get, the more you actually look the part of a seasoned knight.  I just will probably never bring myself to have longer hair than current military or Roman military standards.  Your kit is very nice.

Dale - What can I say that has not already been said.  Very nice kit, but to be fair, you do that for a living.   ;)  I wish we saw full plate mounted at fairs more often.  It is such an eye catcher.