News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What are you most looking forward to?

Started by Aaroncois, June 12, 2009, 06:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaroncois

Just curious what are everybody's favorite things to see, do, and/or eat at Sterling? There's so much there to choose from that it's hard to narrow it down, but still there must be those extra-special things that make Sterling for you.

For me, I've found that what I enjoy has changed a lot over the years. I used to be really big on the joust, but last year my daughter didn't want to watch it and I found that I didn't mind wandering off with her to browse the merchants instead.

I used to be sure to catch the trial and dunke every year, but I probably haven't seen it in almost 10 years (definitely since they moved the frogge ponde). Mostly this is a result of having kids in tow who refuse to sit still and watch an act of any sort for more than 90 seconds. They're getting older, though, and this year I'm going to try to get them in front of some of the performances.

Otherwise, the one show I've made sure to catch every year (up until last year, when I missed them) has been Double Indemnity/Empty Hats/Giacomo & Lucy. I guess that would have to be my favorite thing to see at Sterling. What's yours?

Betty Munro

I haven't been to a faire in about 10 years ...  :'(  but my favorite part of any faire was garb watching and chatting with other playtrons and vendors.  It didn't matter the weather or the location, the people made it great.

Cobaltblu

From my first day at Sterling in 2007 through 2008 and now in 2009 my favorite things to do changed from watching shows from start to finish to walking around and catching something interesting when I see or hear it.

I haven't had most of the foods but my favorite so far is pork pockets.  This year I plan to eat more variety of foods.

Number one: I like to meet good people at the faire.

I play rat puck with Emrys Fleet every chance I get.
I like to wander around and mingle.
I like the dunk pond.
I like Don Juan and Miguel shows.
Watching Johny Fox swallow swords never gets old.
I like eating pork pockets.
I like to play an occasional game (rat splat, darts, cannon ball toss, etc).
I play in the archery "tournament".

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

irish

Meeting up with my freinds,John and Charles!!!!!!    ;D

{still no comp. using a friends when i can.}
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Dustis

Creamy poofs.

Other than that the simple things catch my interest. Henna art, dirty inuendos, faire boogies, you know what they are, and just those peaceful times taunting the mundanes on "The Gauntlet".

Dorian Mallory

My wife was really looking forward to seeing the aerialists again this year, but it appears that they might not be there this year since I have seen no mention of them as of yet...

I just look forward to wandering the area and watching whatever tickles my fancy, eating whatever I get in the mood for, and examining all the wonderful shops and buying more Renae Taylor artwork, we love her artwork and always have a hard time picking out what we should get.

Cobaltblu

For some reason I thought they had a 2-year contract and were coming back this year.

Last year I did think it was odd to have the aerial group in addition to Daniel Duke of Danger since the acts are somewhat similar.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

Elinor Hakebourne

SterlingFan

How much time have you got lol !  I love it all - really.  I'm especially looking forward to meeting all my new friends in person & seeing the old ones again !
Home Faire: Sterling Renaissance Festival

"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here !"

DacianFalx

For myself the very best is playing in the lanes with the BtM...:-)
Whether it's following the intrigues of court, getting involved in some pickpocket training with the thieves, letting the local constabulary accost me, or hearing our village gravedigger explaining the trials and tribulations of the men of Warwick living longer than ever... I love the interaction/playing with the cast.
Those who say a certain something cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt those doing it.

Tygrkat

Quote from: SterlingFan on June 17, 2009, 04:11:50 PM
How much time have you got lol !  I love it all - really.  I'm especially looking forward to meeting all my new friends in person & seeing the old ones again !

I'll drink to that - HUZZAH!  ;D

I have a hard time because there is SO MUCH I love to see & do - I feel like I can't stay in one spot for too long for fear of missing something wonderful somwhere else!

...I do always seem to find my way back to the pub, though...

(not that I'm getting excited at all  ;) )
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.