News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How do you TRF?

Started by bellevivre, June 25, 2009, 12:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valt

Usually if I make it in time for opening cannon, I watch the opening show, take pictures.  Then a lot of last season I would hear the drumming of Tartanic so wander to the right to catch their first show.  Then from there I just continuously wander taking pictures, stopping to chat with friends, then wander taking pictures.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Also somewhere in there is stopping for food and drink throughout the day and possibly a show or two.  I always like to catch Sound and Fury when I can.

cowgrrl

I'm a planner so we usually have a pretty good idea of what we're going to do & when.  At Scarby we're there a lot so we alternate planned weekends & wandering weekends.  For TRF because we're only there 1 or 2 weekends planning is much more important IMO.

Everything doesn't always go smoothly & we do make adjustments but its well worth it to us to plan the days.

Reaper

I wander where the wind blows me and the photo ops are plentiful.. ;D
Reaper the Grimm / Trool the Troll
IBRSC #1150 / Ren Merc #858
Clan McLotofus
Enforcer/Sentinel

MacKee

The Order of Culloden Moor

Lady Ellie

This past year was our first time to go. ( 1001 weekend )  Sat. we wore mundanes and was taken back in time. We wandred in and out of shops, caught a few shows, and drank plenty of fluids ( beer,Dr. pepper and a little mead ). I don't remember eating anything that day.  The next day we wore our wedding garb and felt right at home. Sadly both days were like whirlwinds. My neck hurt trying to take it all in. We went back Celtic Christmas weekend and took it more slowly that time. I can't wait for the time that we can kick back and wander around willy nilly. This year We hope to meet up with some of the fine people here and enjoy our selves even more.

isisdy

Well last year was our first together and we spent Sat. working off a hang-around and taking in sights. We even had one guy ask if she had kiled me as I was trying to return to my coma leaning against her. Sun. we spent actually enjoying more of the things to do and actually remembered more of it. Hair of the dog my arsse, it didn't even work. This year we plan to enjoy all and plan to try to make it to cannon even.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: isisdy on June 28, 2009, 07:49:52 PM
Well last year was our first together and we spent Sat. working off a hang-around and taking in sights. We even had one guy ask if she had kiled me as I was trying to return to my coma leaning against her. Sun. we spent actually enjoying more of the things to do and actually remembered more of it. Hair of the dog my arsse, it didn't even work. This year we plan to enjoy all and plan to try to make it to cannon even.

I learned my lesson about drinking at TRF.  Unfortunately, it took me more than one time of passing out/puking my guts out on my way home, for that lesson to sink in.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Blue66669

Well, when I'm not working, I'm stalking. Yep, that's right. I stalk the faire. I put on my game face and walk. Normally it takes me to the Sea Devil, where I don't watch the shows, but get into as MUCH trouble as possible. I hit the meet and greet at the POW, and after that, who knows. I don't shop much, and I do a fair amount of eating. I do a LOT of drinking, and LOTS of running into people.

But mostly, I stalk and perch...
Blaidd Drwg

*Teach*

Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on June 29, 2009, 07:13:35 AM

I learned my lesson about drinking at TRF.  Unfortunately, it took me more than one time of passing out/puking my guts out on my way home, for that lesson to sink in.
41 years old... and I still haven't been able to learn that lesson

*rum is just so darn yummy!*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: *Teach* on June 29, 2009, 09:42:38 AM

Well, my friend, you and i are of an age (42 in August)and i'm not saying that i won't be puking and passing out, i just said that i learned my lesson... not well but i did learn something.

*I'm a Scot and a notorious Johnnie Bull... And i stubbornly refuse to learn anything new*
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

isisdy

Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on June 29, 2009, 09:58:28 AM
Quote from: *Teach* on June 29, 2009, 09:42:38 AM

Well, my friend, you and i are of an age (42 in August)and i'm not saying that i won't be puking and passing out, i just said that i learned my lesson... not well but i did learn something.

*I'm a Scot and a notorious Johnnie Bull... And i stubbornly refuse to learn anything new*
Well I see that we are all of like ages 38 by the time I go this year and some lessons we just never fully learn.....I wil probably do much of the same this year....btw....my 38 will be 2 wks. prior to comming to fair and the young ladie will hit 27 one week prior

Blue66669

I'm only a ripe old 28, so I've still got LOADS of lessons to learn! Hmmm, maybe I should find myself a proper teacher...

*raises her oversized mug*

TO A PROPER EDUCATION!!!
Blaidd Drwg

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

that's a good lass!   ;)
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

FaeHollow

guess I have millions of lessons to learn because I am only 23
Leigh

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Fear not, lass, the day is yet young... a day that passes, without learning something new, is a day wasted
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God