News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

FAIRE SIZE

Started by BLAKDUKE, August 31, 2009, 12:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAKDUKE

Assuming arrival at 10:30 opening gate, how long would it take to leisurely stroll around the faire 1 time, without stopping at any one shop or act. 
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

trevor ylisaari

Depends on how fast you walk.
According to most people I know, my stroll is more of a fast walk.
But that is usually on familiar territory.

If I remember correctly, I think the one time we went it took just shy of an hour to look around at everything. That was without actually stopping at any of the booths, just looking them over as we went by and sort of cataloging what type of stuff it had.

BLAKDUKE

Good that is what I needed to know.

Thank you
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

DuCoeur

Looking forward to meeting you this weekend BD.

Alas and Alack, My trip to Rendevous has been waylaid by RL responsibilities but I do plan on being at PRF at least once this weekend.  More then likely Sunday.

Hope to run into you.  You will find me....Ok you will find me at the Pub.  there, I said it...I admit ok. 
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

trevor ylisaari

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on August 31, 2009, 08:58:32 PM
Good that is what I needed to know.

Thank you

Glad I could help.
My daughter and I generally use the same approach to any new venue or event.(concerts, faires, hotels, etc)
We make one quick pass through all (or as much as we can) to get the lay of the land and general orientation for stuff.
Then we go back through and hit the stuff that caught our attention or had us curious.
I generally like to know roughly where I am in relations to things, and where I am heading when moving about. It's a little less "seat of the pants" but much less stressful that way.

Professor M

BD, there was a time when we used to give tours of the shire.  Once through, with pauses along the way to talk about things, and meet some cast members, we could do it in 45-60 minutes.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis