News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I just want to say....

Started by Zardoz, November 23, 2009, 06:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zardoz

Highland Fling was the 5th weekend I attended TRF this year, the most visits in a season ever in my 30 or so years of on and (mostly) off attendance of TRF. My girls took me to the King's Feast on that Saturday, which was awesome!  And on Sunday I got talked into being in the Bonny Knees contest, (thanks Mandy!) and managed to get 3rd place!
 I've really enjoyed faire this year, mostly because of all the the fun I have with friends new and old I see there. For years I had just come as a patron, and for a while I never came out at all for one reason or another... Up until a few years ago, I always felt like I was missing out on something at faires because I didn't know many folks, or how to get involved more. I was also pretty closed off for a while, and not good at meeting people.
 But thanks to some friends I met a few years ago, through stuff unrelated to faire, (A-Girl, Sin, Jennifer 2, ya'll know who you are!) I was able to finally get more involved like I'd hoped to, not just at faire but at stuff in-between.
I just wanted to express how much I've enjoyed TRF this year, and all my rennie friends, who are some of the most friendly, talented and generally extraordinary folks I've had the pleasure to know.
We'll be out on Thanksgiving Friday for sadly our last trip up this season.

I will now return you to the generally quiet and dour Zardoz you are used to...
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Macintyre

awe.....i think i'm getting verclemped

KiltedPrivateer

Zardoz I'm glad to know you and be able to stop you in the lanes and chat.  Like you, I had that feeling of missing out on something.  I'm glad I found this forum with all its really awesome members.

This year holds the most weekends attended by my family as well.  Just kinda worked out that way.  But you still got us beat.  Maybe someday we'll be able to be like Bonnie and crew and make it every weekend.

See ya Friday

KP
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara