News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where to get good head scarfs?

Started by tiberiusflynn, December 07, 2009, 04:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiberiusflynn

Anyone know where to get some good head scarfs? I've been looking in many places and have yet to find one that is exactly what I'm looking for.

I want one thats 40x40 that can go around my head and have a good amount hanging in the back. The one I wear right now I found at target, but its actually a scarf that isn't square....

any suggestions?

redkimba

for a square that big, have you thought about making it?  you could make a tiny hem on the edges.

Obadiah Jib

Honestly all of mine are from China.  That said I have seen some interesting scarves in the women's section at the local Target.  Now these are silk and often intended for the ladies to wrap them about the shoulders.  They look like the silk scarves I have from China.
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Queen Bonnie

I have gotten the best all silk scarves at thrift shops! Vintage and silk looks good and is comfortable too!!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Taffy Saltwater

When I was going through chemo, my sister had some made at a sari shops like this.  Keep a sharp eye out at estate sales and check eBay. 
Sveethot!

Seamus Ex Machina

Actually,   I have a ton of scarves that I found at the flea market,  at the Asian shops.  They come in crates and are very inexpensive.   Sometimes I give them away as favors.

Like Elvis..... ;D
Legendary Hellraiser

tiberiusflynn

Quote from: Seamus Ex Machina on December 18, 2009, 09:17:06 PM...... Sometimes I give them away as favors.

Like Elvis..... ;D
LOL!!! Thats awesome.

Well, I've seen some good ones at Target, I just want something that no one else can get down the way....

I have one Jack Sparrow replica which is 40x40 and it works well, I just don't want a sparrow replica. So, then I purchased a decent one from centerstagecostumes.com and its nice but not as long as I want it. So the other one I have is from Target and its great...but its not square....its a long rectangle which doesn't tie just right on me head...

So, I'll try some thrift stores...and maybe ebay.

Betty Munro

All of mine are leftover from home made chemises.  What could be easier than cutting a square?  If you want the edges hemmed and don't sew yourself, I suspect just about any dry cleaners that does repairs could do a rolled hem for you.  Not sure what the cost would be, but it would make for a truly custom scarf! 
Happy hunting!

Molden

Could get "lucky" like me -

find a witch,

be her bestest buddy,

have her give up a couple of altar cloths -

ta da! Swanky lookin' an' majikal too!  ;D

More seriously, check any Wiccan/Earth majick/New Age/Crystal shops in your area...never know WHAT ye may fynd!
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable