News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Myths and Legends of Rendezvous

Started by Lairde Guardn, May 27, 2008, 09:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamus Ex Machina

Aye, the legends.....

The Count, Falcone, and I arriving on Friday night to a sea of friends, hugs, a true Maryland welcome, and a bit of Texas loki....

The Shooter Service.   And a cautionary tale concerning candid remarks..."Wow, this is great!  We should do this in Florida..."       Minutes later, I was officially a Drunk of the Round Table!!  Huzzah! 

"And we now dub thee..Lord High Drunkard, Southern Command.    We'll be expecting Shooter Service when we get to BARF this season..... 8)"  Thanks, Ulfric, Lupa, and Lumpy!

Meeting Ol' Whatsisname...yeah, Ian Robb!!              You have a daughter.......? ;)

Watching Hector and the rest get pinned as McCracks...

Seeing Jim and Pamela again..High'n and Pretty'n;  met them in Florida at the Ft. Meyers' Faire earlier this year.   The best!   

And a good guy to know if you get arrested in Charlotte, NC....not that I'm planning on it.

Photos, photos, photos......

Holding court at The Boar's Head with Kesrick, DS, and Molden.    Laughing, telling jokes, singing, and generally having a damn good time....and then came the requests for photos with the kids, pretty girls, and free beer in the bargain!   

A quick spin for Vietnamese food.... ;D

Meeting Lady Glorianna,  a true pleasure....and a true Lady.

Singing with Strum and Son of Strum to "Black Velvet Band".....with the lyrics to the Bedlam Bards'  "Black Leather Band"!  They loved it so much they're going to learn that naughty version.

The Missing Man formation....

Bollywood..."Once upon a time....hey, lisssen, once upon a time....

And let me state for the record that while there is an embarrassment of damning evidence concerning a certain lost Horseman, there is none linking me to farm animals.   Apparently, this has become Legend as well....

The party is not over till some one gets naked.   "No, Scotsman, NOOO!"

Getting a new mug from Ulfric, courtesy of Lord Dragonspyre.   

So I'm in the bathroom at the American Legion, proudly washing out my new mug.  BTW Ulfric, great work..I'm wearing a kilt, hair back in a ponytail, bent slightly over the sink.   An old soldier walks in, stops suddenly, and makes an odd noise, with a sharp intake of breath.  I turned around and greeted him.

"Oh, it's one of you guys.   For a minute I thought I was in the wrong bathroom........"

Legendary Hellraiser

Zoë

Quote from: Seamus Ex Machina on September 12, 2009, 12:53:53 AM
So I'm in the bathroom at the American Legion, proudly washing out my new mug.  BTW Ulfric, great work..I'm wearing a kilt, hair back in a ponytail, bent slightly over the sink.   An old soldier walks in, stops suddenly, and makes an odd noise, with a sharp intake of breath.  I turned around and greeted him.

"Oh, it's one of you guys.   For a minute I thought I was in the wrong bathroom........"

I'm pretty sure this will make me laugh no matter how many times I hear it.  Pure hilarity.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Count Adolfo

Aye, that's our Seamus...
he can make you laugh, that's for sure

oh, yeah, I was posting because he reminded me...

HUZZAH TO DS for the new mugs!!!!

Blue66669

One thing I'll always remember....

Watching Seamus smack the crap out of my husband at dinner. Not that he didn't have it coming LOLOL.

*Erik the Green... the original c*ckblocker*
Blaidd Drwg

LadySeasan

Quote from: blue66669 on September 12, 2009, 10:27:26 AM
One thing I'll always remember....

Watching Seamus smack the crap out of my husband at dinner. Not that he didn't have it coming LOLOL.

*Erik the Green... the original c*ckblocker*

i dont know what happened, but boy do i wish i was there :)
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Count Adolfo

I missed that.
Was there a lot of crap to smack out?

will paisley

Quote from: blue66669 on September 10, 2009, 09:36:17 AM
Quote from: ulfric on September 09, 2009, 06:21:26 AM
Blue shutting down young Strum in mid song and forever now being known as "A*al sex girl"

Gee thanks Ulfric, I'm sure that the whole of RF needed to know that LOL

Caught up with Strum Jr. this weekend and heard all about the incident.  No sooner than I had gotten out the barest details, he interrupted me and said "Oh, you mean Texas".  Evidently you made quite an impression.  I was just glad to find out that no pantomime was involved.  Still, John told me that you silenced Strum Sr. as well - now *that's* an accomplishment.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Blue66669

Awww dang....

SO I guess it's gonna be REAL interesting when I decide to come back next year...
Blaidd Drwg

iain robb

Quote from: Seamus Ex Machina on September 12, 2009, 12:53:53 AMMeeting Ol' Whatsisname...yeah, Ian Robb!!              You have a daughter.......? ;)

Who, me? No. None at all. Certainly not. Whatever gave you that idea?

Seamus Ex Machina

Quote from: blue66669 on September 14, 2009, 11:45:56 AM
Awww dang....

SO I guess it's gonna be REAL interesting when I decide to come back next year...

Right.......Like it's not interesting wherever and whenever you go...... :D
Legendary Hellraiser

Blue66669

Hey, sometimes I have an eventless trip to the grocery store LOL!

:P
Blaidd Drwg

Lady_Glorianna

Quote from: Seamus Ex Machina on September 12, 2009, 12:53:53 AM

Meeting Lady Glorianna,  a true pleasure....and a true Lady.

:-[Ah shucks, you are making me blush :-[
It was my pleasure to meet you and my fellow RFers. Sorry I could not spend as much time during faire due to my cast duties...I felt your love and support not only for me but for Ron and for that I will be eternally grateful....Thanks to all for coming :-* ;)
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Count Adolfo

making this trip every year is my pleasure
that's why I always smile that you great, warm, friendly locals always thank us for coming
I guess it's great to do something you really, really enjoy... and have others glad you were there to do it.

Capt Spleen

Amras Elfwine:
Punishing his liver Friday night at the Legion.
Saturday morning before faire, he runs a marathon.
Attends Saturday morning Tailgate.
Sunday morning before Faire, he runs another marathon.
Attends Sunday morning Tailgate.
Attends Monday morning Tailgate.
..............Legendary..............
..............True Myth..............
Rendevous 2009: All Mirth, and Merry make, did we. Without any Drama.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Quote from: Capt Spleen on September 28, 2009, 11:40:34 PM
Amras Elfwine:
Punishing his liver Friday night at the Legion.
Saturday morning before faire, he runs a marathon.
Attends Saturday morning Tailgate.
Sunday morning before Faire, he runs another marathon.
Attends Sunday morning Tailgate.
Attends Monday morning Tailgate.
..............Legendary..............
..............True Myth..............
Rendevous 2009: All Mirth, and Merry make, did we. Without any Drama.
HUZZAH!
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples