News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

To Raid San Zanita: Chapter 1

Started by Obadiah Jib, December 22, 2009, 11:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

Chapter 1:  Meeting Crab.

You are living on the island of Nevis in an area known as Hick's Cove.  Here you dwell in an old shack with a few possessions just trying to stay alive and keep food in your belly.  A rumor comes to you that Gilbert Lanoue, the French Buccaneer is looking for crew to raid the eastern coast of Spanish Florida.  You jump at the chance because you have heard that Gilbert has met with great success before against Spanish holdings and owns and outfits his own ship, a pinnace known as Neptune's Daughter.  Gilbert Lanoue hates the Spanish since his Huguenot ancestors suffered under Spanish persecution.

While on the way to the docks to meet with Gilbert you encounter John "Crab" Hill, a former buccaneer and shipmate of yours.  Crab was badly wounded years ago when a canon broke loose on the gun deck during a storm and crushed his legs.  He drags these wrecked appendages along as he scoots across the gravel like a crab.  His skin is covered in sores and blemishes from constant exposure to the sun and disease.  His eyes are a rheumy yellow in color from too much drink.  If Crab has three teeth in his mouth he is lucky.  He is the example of what awaits many a pirate.

Crab offers to sell you his French made Flintlock Musket.  He asks for 4 pieces of silver, enough to keep him drunk for at least a week.  You can tell he hates to part with this fine weapon and used it to hunt with on the island of Hispaniola.  He holds back a tear as he shows you the fine custom work on the stock.  He throws in 4 rounds of shot and powder.

If you have chosen to take the Trade/ Craft of a Merchant or have Charm/ Seduction skill at the Exceptional or Master level you can convince Crab to sell you the Musket for 3 pieces of silver.

If you have the Intimidation skill at the Exceptional or Master level you can make Crab cower and give you the musket for free to avoid a beating.

If you have Thievery at the Exceptional or Master level you can circle back in an hour and steal the musket from Crab.

Of course you can simply kill Crab. He is so weak that he is almost completely defenseless.

You can just ignore Crab and head to the docks hopeful that you can get musket in your future journeys.

What do you do?
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Welsh Wench

OK I would give him the three pieces of silver because the guy doesn't sound like he has much time left and he may as well have a week in alcohol Nirvana.

But the soft-side of me will return later if I am successful in getting more coin and give him a few extra pieces of silver if he is still alive when or if I get back.
Jib, you're breaking my heart here!
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Charlotte Rowan

He sounds miserable. I would kill him and put him out of his misery. And take the musket.  :o
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Lady Amy of York

The kind hearted side of  me  would  tell him to keep his  musket, and  i would  give  him the  three pieces of  silver as  a gift. 
But knowing that I may need  the musket later, I give  him three pieces of  silver, and  take  the  musket.
I also make  a mental note  to myself  to  find  a doctor   to help  Crab.

( Remind  me  to stay on Charlotte's  good  side. LOL  !  ;D  )
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Obadiah Jib

Chapter 2 will post the week after New Years.

Plenty of time to join the fun!
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Captain Jack Wolfe

I give him the price of three pieces of silver for the musket and shot, plus one more so he might keep his eyes and ears open for anything I might find of interest.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Blue66669

Mmmmkay.... verdict??? *mmhmm, mmmhmm, yeah ok, got that*

Yeah, we're gonna have to kill him.
Blaidd Drwg

Lady Renee Buchanan

I'd give him 3 pieces of silver, and the parrot would give him one.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Gibbet Jones

I will head to the docks hopeful that you can get musket in your future journeys. 

I'll just save a little tin and in the future kill some schmuck in battle and take his.
- links not allowed in signatures -  Admin

Capt Spleen

I kill Crab as paying him any compensate for his weapon would leave him totally defenseless anyway. I twist his neck quick and clean, putting him out of his miserable and painful life. But before i do, I tell him I'll pay him 8 pieces of silver to make him sooo happy that he thinks he will be drinking for two weeks instead of one.  (He dies a happy man for the moment before I take his life.) I also ask him to load the musket with a round and powder, as I have weak arms skillz, and will use at least one shot if needed, and after that will use the musket as a staff weapon. I check his person for any valuables,then I drag his body and conceal him into the weeds, and cover up the drag marks in the sand/soil stealthily. Then, I take his musket, and head down to the docks.

Lady Christina de Pond

Ok so i'm a few weeks late on this but lets see
I would ask to look at the peice afterall if i'm gonna shell out some good coins for it i need to know that it works. i would then knock Crab out with it and take off with the musket besides he might shoot his eye out and well he don't need to be drinking away his sorrows atleast i didn't kill him
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari