News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AN' ALL!

Started by Blackbead, December 31, 2009, 02:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbead

May auld aquaintances ne'er be forgotten, may well-aged spirits be all that ye be drinkin', may your lovers be plump in all the right places, may all your plans come to perfect fruition, may ye be safe and sound in all that ye do, and may we meet again on the morrow, ready to start the best damn year ever!

AND, make sure ye slaughter a wren on New Year's Day!  Keep a feather with ye and ye'll be safe at sea, especially from drowning, all the days of 2010!

Just kidding, of course!  I do NOT endorse the wanton killing of wrens, no matter WHAT the day!

Of course, if ye be findin' one already dead, recently killed like, then make sure ye wrest out a feather to keep with ye!  No sea lawyer ever plead that the bird had to be killed by your hand. 

Regards to all and the blessing of the season be on ye!
Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Tipsy Gypsy

"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Lady Amy of York

Aye,  I raise  my mug  of  rum  to  ye  all,  and  wish  thee  all  a Happy,  and  Prosperous  New  Year ! ;D
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Trillium

Happy New Year, my friends!!!  I truly hope this one is better.  The third time's the charm, right?!?!? ::) ;D
Got faerie dust?

Capt. Morgan

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.  ~Benjamin Franklin

No one ever regarded the First of January with indifference.  It is that from which all date their time, and count upon what is left.  It is the nativity of our common Adam.  ~Charles Lamb

Wishing you all thats brightest and best in this new year!

((HUGS))

Captain Morgan
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.