News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Twig 2010

Started by Goody, January 03, 2010, 07:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goody

An excerpt of an email:

The first Open Meeting for the 2010 Olde World is scheduled for this next Saturday, Jan 9th,  from 1:00 pm through 4:00 pm at the Caribou Lake Elementary School. There are only two open meetings scheduled before the 2010 Olde World (the second will be in May), however Area Managers may be scheduling meetings for those that have volunteered in their areas.

Goody

A very productive meeting!! I look forward to a spectacular event!  NOWWWW...who wantz to volunteer!?!

white trillium

Oh me me me me....We had a great time volunteering last year!
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

Goody

I LOVE your enthusiasm!!!

Would you also like to join me on the Banner Committee? It involves hanging flags and banners on Friday and making sure they are good throughout the weekend?

renren

*raising hand*
I will be volunteering for front gate! :)
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

der idee_mann

I assume you are aware I intend to volunteer again this year... just checking  ;D

white trillium

Quote from: Goody on January 10, 2010, 12:27:47 PM

Would you also like to join me on the Banner Committee? It involves hanging flags and banners on Friday and making sure they are good throughout the weekend?

Yep - I checked with Kurt and we'll be there early on Friday!
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

Goody

Quote from: renren on January 10, 2010, 05:26:44 PM
*raising hand*
I will be volunteering for front gate! :)

Yay!!!!

Goody

Quote from: der idee_mann on January 11, 2010, 07:55:29 PM
I assume you are aware I intend to volunteer again this year... just checking  ;D

Already sent ya a reply on FB, but just fill out an app from owrenfaire.com!

Goody

Quote from: white trillium on January 12, 2010, 02:05:39 PM
Quote from: Goody on January 10, 2010, 12:27:47 PM

Yep - I checked with Kurt and we'll be there early on Friday!

I am so glad. Good help is just hard to find!! We can recruit a few more at Mid-Winter Feast!

Goody

Also, Fest Friends is having a workshop on May 1 with McGregor Games to learn how to play. I am hoping to get volunteers to host the medieval games tent that will be set up at Twig, so if you would like to do a shift there, you may indicate so on the volunteer application.

They can also use people for the childrens games. Right now they have some preteens that help out and this seems to be a fit so if ya have kids who might be interested in that area??

Kiss-me-Kate

Goody,
I have to check with Nick to see if he is selling at Twig again this year.  If so, the girl and I will probably help him.  If not, I am sure we will be happy to help/volunteer in some way.  We also will probably be crashing in your looney tunes room or couch again-if that is okay with you.
This is all dependant on whether or not Betsy the car behaves too.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Goody

Quote from: Kiss-me-Kate on January 13, 2010, 10:51:33 PM
Goody,
I have to check with Nick to see if he is selling at Twig again this year.  If so, the girl and I will probably help him.  If not, I am sure we will be happy to help/volunteer in some way.  We also will probably be crashing in your looney tunes room or couch again-if that is okay with you.
This is all dependant on whether or not Betsy the car behaves too.

I think DB called couch last yr!! But there's Tweety Bird bed with ur name on it!

seamus

I have some Iron Rangers interested in participating but I didn't check the website before it had already passed. Do we have any idea when the May meeting will be? Or might there be another opportunity to meet in between?
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.
-Pirates of the Caribbean

Goody

Seamus I responded to u via renmail.

I forgot to pass on that the faire has a theme this year!! They have chosen ROBIN HOOD.