News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Schedule of Events?

Started by bellevivre, January 04, 2010, 04:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellevivre

Hubby and i are debating staying Friday and Saturday, or just Friday- are there any events/meetups pre-faire scheduled friday night?

Also, is there a schedule for meeting, etc inside?

(it's my first Rendezvous and i's excited!!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Blue66669

Meg and I are working dilligently to get the schedule up soon. I'm procuring the Friday night party place, which will be in Waxahachie's historic downtown, and we're planning an early-ish RF dinner for Saturday evening. I know that a lot of people may be leaving mid-day on Sunday to return home, so Sunday night will be a "do-what-you-wish" kind of thing. There will be a scheduled meetup in the morning in the FoF area which will include an AM tailgate, and a meetup to watch the parade and do a group photo at 1pm near the Cat and Fiddle. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Blaidd Drwg

eloquentXI

So, you means you should stay on Friday night and come and have dinner and meet many people

;)
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

bellevivre

hah- lol Elo I <3 you- youre so funny

Yeah, I pointed out to hubby last night that with our Holiday Inn points we can get one of the nights free, but he's still grousing about staying two nights... but I think I can get him to acquiesce if I promise we can ride the motorcycle...

and he calls ME unsocial (not antisocial, just shy! lol)
Belle the Kat

Blue66669

I'm making an Excel file for the schedule. Can we say, OCD much?
Blaidd Drwg

bellevivre

no, cause I would too!

<--- event planner in a past life

<--- loves/loathes Excel
Belle the Kat

Aiacha

Quote from: bellevivre on January 05, 2010, 09:44:58 AM
hah- lol Elo I <3 you- youre so funny

Yeah, I pointed out to hubby last night that with our Holiday Inn points we can get one of the nights free, but he's still grousing about staying two nights... but I think I can get him to acquiesce if I promise we can ride the motorcycle...

and he calls ME unsocial (not antisocial, just shy! lol)

Stay two day and get a chance to hang with me!! (I'm staying in the same hotel  :) Maybe we should call and try to get nearby rooms!)  Maybe we'll talk about a TRF feast??

Molden

Schedules??? You KNOW me! I'll be lucky to make 1 scheduled anything on any given day at faire!!! LOL!  ;)
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

bellevivre

hah that sounds GREAT!!! I can bring my cookbooks if you want to be that compulsive...

I am sooo excited!

Aicha- are you coming out to Sherwood?
Belle the Kat

Aiacha

Quote from: bellevivre on January 05, 2010, 10:46:29 AM
hah that sounds GREAT!!! I can bring my cookbooks if you want to be that compulsive...

OOhh, I can bring Shakespere's kitchen too...

Aicha- are you coming out to Sherwood?

Only for the first weekend.  It's the one weekend I'm taking off of riding.

Ryk Rakham

http://www.catfishplantation.com/

Just a suggestion for the Saturday dinner, don't know if they are busy but the food is fantastic and it is listed as one of the most haunted places in America! They say the ladies' restroom is very haunted!
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

bellevivre

I always MEAN to go there- but...mmm... Chisolm Grill owns my soul!! And, we have always stayed at the Rogers, so it was within walking distance (still so sad there's no Rogers for me this year- I've never NOT stayed there!!!)
Belle the Kat

Aiacha

We've been to the Catfish Plantation twice now, it's yummy!  If we were to have a RF gathering there, we'd have to rent out the whole place!

Ryk Rakham

Quote from: Aiacha on January 05, 2010, 02:02:46 PM
We've been to the Catfish Plantation twice now, it's yummy!  If we were to have a RF gathering there, we'd have to rent out the whole place!

You're right m'lady. We would have to book the entire place. They'd probably do it if given enough advance notice. It's a good taste of local flavor, the food's always excellent, the service is very friendly and it is near enough to most lodging. Just an idea, hey I can eat anywhere!!!
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Blue66669

We're actually planning the dinner at Ryan's, because it's been my experience that post RenDezvous-ers are in NEED of a buffet LOL! That and there are private rooms for parties there. Sunday night is a "do what you want" night, so I may try out Chisholm Grill then, or hightail it to Chili's with the gypsies for my birthday.
Blaidd Drwg