News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

CRF 2010

Started by Norfolk, January 16, 2010, 03:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolk

A cheery little thought:  CRF 2010 opens 21 weeks from today!

So, anyone have any information they would like to share, or rumors they would like to mong, regarding the upcoming season?
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I hear that there will be even MORE Hamsters.

That Hamster jousting will make a comeback and Noble Cause will be out of jobs because Hamster Jousting is more popular.

That the Baron and Baroness are REALLY the good King and Queen and the King and Queen are really just Baron and Baroness.

That I won't take any more photos of people in faire garb, only those in Mundane garb.

That Charmings new partner is a Hamster.

Celtic Legacy had to drop the bagpipess because someone complained of them strangling a cat so they now use a Kazoo

And there will be Season tickets on sale... forthe 2020 season ut they are only good for one year
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Radu the Gypsy

Dont forget that Jim is selling Colorado to focus on his true love, Pennsylvania.  He plans on selling it to a coalition of Rennies.

Capt Spleen

Quote from: Radu the Gypsy on January 17, 2010, 11:39:03 AM
Dont forget that Jim is selling Colorado to focus on his true love, Pennsylvania.  He plans on selling it to a coalition of Rennies.
Well I gotz COAL in mee Britches (I'll be a dirty unnercuver pirate dis yarrr) fer Xmas. I wunner if'n dat kualerfyz me as "ITION" o rennies?

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I am on good advice that Gauwyn, Addilay and Squire Alec from Iowa will be in Court
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Norfolk

Quote from: Gauwyn of Brocknell on January 18, 2010, 07:57:29 AM
I am on good advice that Gauwyn, Addilay and Squire Alec from Iowa will be in Court

HUZZAH!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Gauwyn of Brocknell on January 18, 2010, 07:57:29 AM

Best of luck to you as I hear the Judge in Court can be a real stickler. And watch out for the fines and jail time.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

holierthanthou

Ok... now the rumor about the sale of CRF has gone on for many years now.  In all reality, JP makes a lot of money in CO.  The icee factory is in CO not PA.  All the costumes for cast are in CO not PA. Not that if someone offered him a humongous sum of cash, he would probably sell.  I would be surprised if it was more than just rumor.

As far as knowing who is on cast or not... remember there were a lot of regular cast let go right before opening weekend last year.  No one is really secure in their position until the last week of faire.  After all, even if you do get to work a few weeks.... you can always get fired and rehired the same day by the same guy.

I don't know if I will be back this year.  Not a negative, just a reality.  Time will only tell.
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Radu the Gypsy

Um, Holy, it was a joke.

Zoë

Aside from which, the faire that the PTB owns is Pittsburgh, not PA.  Two different faires.  ;)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Tanda

Rumors to Mong:

Radu is actually responsible for all hirings and firings this year.
HolierThanThou will be back....as a monk.
Demetrius will only tell truths this summer.
Zoe has been promoted to Chief Pop Wench, she gets a new spiffy hat.
Captain Spleen has found a boat and will be sailing in the newly converted jousting arena.
The horses will be fitted with PFDs and the joust will continue.
Puke and Snot, Ded Bob, and the Knights will All have new material.
Baron and Baroness will be allowed to dictate who gets in.
Tanda will be climbing 14ers rather than attending faire.
Lady De Laney will be a pirate more often.
Periwinkle will shed her horn to prepare for mating season.
The Professor will forget more about history than the rest of us know together.
Charming will finally find his true love....in Dashing. (that's rather slash inspiring actually....)
Hey Aren't You will get lost and confused for someone else.
Garath will find his true calling...being a squire.
Avan will lose his voice..and alcohol and be shunned by all.
Blushing will run front gate.
Nelle and Sauve will come as Deanna and Riker instead.
Mistress Charlotte will put all the other face painters out of business because she's just that awesome.
Gentlemanprivateer will find a sackful of money and be able to complete his costume to perfection.
Toki will come as a fairy and look fabulous.
Lady Remi will never forget the baby.
Platt will find Avan's voice and be shunned by all.
AnnietheNanny will have nothing but well behaved children to watch.
Aislynn will be voted best balcony.
Pktaxwench will accept the job she was offered last year. She knows.  ;)

That's all the rumors I have for now.  ;D
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Zoë

Quote from: Tanda on January 20, 2010, 11:08:51 AM
Rumors to Mong:

Zoe has been promoted to Chief Pop Wench, she gets a new spiffy hat.

Happily, the first part to that is actually true and happened last year...as for the other part, I will have to look into it...  "I'll buy you a hat.  A really big one."  Might have to have a lot of feathers on it, hmmm....
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Radu the Gypsy

Fantastic!  I shall begin the hiring and firing process now.  Jim Paradise will be fired and replaced with an untrained monkey.  Things can only improve from here.  

All existing musical groups will be required to audition with their choice of song from "Pavarotti's Greatest Hits".  

All existing court members must re-audition as well, and must display a variety of talents, including, but not limited to: Sitting, Eating, Talking, and Waving.  Court shall be reduced to 3 members.

Existing Street Cast (All 3 of you) will also be required to re-audition.  Talents to display will include: Putting up with everything and anything on a whim, and any 8 of the 10 following skills: Storytelling, Juggling, Dancing, Singing, Spinning, Blacksmithing, Leathercrafting, Chicken Plucking, Cooking, and Random Street Insults.  Street cast will be increased to 99 (because 100 is just excessive)

New auditions must come dressed in their very best, off the rack, polyester garments, and show an amazing lack of understanding of weather patterns, and the need for water through the day.  

Other requirements to be announced on day of auditions.

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: holierthanthou on January 19, 2010, 09:02:43 PM
you can always get fired and rehired the same day by the same guy.

I know someone who was fired and rehired within 5 minutes..... in the same conversation.....
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

holierthanthou

Quote from: Zoë on January 20, 2010, 08:23:43 AM
Aside from which, the faire that the PTB owns is Pittsburgh, not PA.  Two different faires.  ;)

Oh silly girl, I know there are two faires there.  I was referring to the location as in state... ie CO and PA not CRF and PTB.

Quote from: Radu the Gypsy on January 20, 2010, 12:53:39 AM
Um, Holy, it was a joke.

Actually one of the "rogue" organizations was organizing to make JP an offer last year.  There were several rumors flying. Did not notice that you were joking.

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on January 20, 2010, 12:26:58 PM

I know someone who was fired and rehired within 5 minutes..... in the same conversation.....
Ooh I think I know that guy!  Kaboom! Tee hee!
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.