News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Auditions

Started by Lady Rebecca, January 23, 2010, 07:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Rebecca

Does anyone know anything about auditions for Sterling? I've been calling at least once a month since October. Two times I've actually made it through to people - in October they told me info would be posted on the website in mid-Nov. In early Dec, they suggested I email someone, but never gave me the email address. Every other time, no one has answered, and though I've left messages, no one has ever called me back.

I really would love to be part of the Bless the Mark players this summer, but I know nothing about auditions!

irish

I would keep calling or even send an email to the office. Good luck!!

irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

IndeanaSunday

Auditions are usually posted on the website sometime between mid-February and late March and usually occur between mid-March and [very] early May. Good luck! Any idea what kind of part you wanna go for?  :)

Lady Rebecca

Not really. I mean, I'd rather be in the court or one of the villagers (in other words, not super poor!), but I would take whatever. Do you know if it's usually really competitive to join the players?

IndeanaSunday

I'd say it's definitely competitive, but not necessarily in the usual sense. Yes there are a TON of really talented, incredible people auditioning, but it's not always the *amazing* people who get in. I think the director is of course looking for skill, but also how well you might mesh with the other cast members (it really is like a family), and also your potential and willingness to learn. Even if you're a little shy or awkward or don't have a ton of experience, you might get casted because you're a good fit with the group and he sees potential in you.

The best tips I can give are:

-Be good at thinking on your feet because it's ALL improv. Very little is scripted and that which is can always change based on the crowd and the day.
-Be captivating. Have a presence. People should be compelled to shut up when you're talking. You should be that interesting.
-Have a sense of play. The type of adult who thinks hide-and-seek is childish will not get casted because the faire is all about play.
-Be driven. It's fun, but OH is it hard work some days! There is a lot of historical study involved and a lot of physicality. Even for the ladies of the court (who don't run much) the costumes are heavy, thick, and constricting.

Once you're in it's so rewarding, fun, and addictive. Good luck! Keep us posted on how it goes! And if you need help selecting a monologue or anything, I'm sure folks here would love to help. :)

Carmichael

Audition information is up for the 2010 season.  You will find the details at the link below.

http://www.sterlingfestival.com/entertainment/Auditions/tabid/136/Default.aspx

Lady Rebecca

My flight is already booked for NYC. (On my birthday *grumble grumble*). Is anyone else going?

Ozium

Maybe you will get a special present on that day.

Good Luck !
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

irish

Good Luck, Lady Rebecca!!!!
Oh and....."Happy Birthday!"
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Lady Rebecca

Thanks! I'm already excited, even though it's a month away. I hope it's not for naught!

Lady Amy of York

Godd luck Lady Rebecca. Let us know how you  do.  And  a early happy birthday  to you. :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Tygrkat

Quote from: Lady Amy of York on February 20, 2010, 09:07:20 PM
Godd luck Lady Rebecca. Let us know how you  do.  And  a early happy birthday  to you. :)

Yeah, what she said  ;)

...break a leg & all that good stuff!  ;D
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

DacianFalx

I'm auditioning again this year...and there's a good chance it'll be at the NYC call, as it's the close one, now.

Hope to see you all in Sterling again this season!
Those who say a certain something cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt those doing it.

Lady Rebecca

Did you go to the NYC one last year, too? I'm trying to figure out how early I should get there, since I'll be staying in Newark.

DacianFalx

So, headed to the Rochester auditions on the 28th...good luck to anyone headed to the NYC or Syracuse ones...I'm praying for you (and to get to work with you).

Be well, and see you in Sterling sooner than ever!
Those who say a certain something cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt those doing it.