News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sad finale to closing weekend

Started by DonaCatalina, May 28, 2008, 08:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

I have to tell you all about one thing that really made our Saturday end on a sad note.

I don't know how many people saw the tan & white puppy in the FOF parking lot Saturday morning. But when we were leaving about 4:00, the sheriff passed us with the puppy while we were loading the car.

Someone had left him tied to the outside of the car with no water.
I don't know what his fate eventually was but the sheriff stopped and told us that he was going to take him to the gate and get him some water.

That incident bothered me the whole way home.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Ann of Draycott

I'm not sure if it was the same puppy or not, but when we were leaving we saw a woman sitting in the back seat of a car parked at the front of the FOF row.  The door was open and there was the cutest tan and white puppy sitting on the ground next to her.  We stopped and chatted for a few minutes and petted the puppy.  I'm really not sure what the story was and why she was just sitting in the back seat of the car there with the puppy but the puppy seamed to be fine.  She was dressed in garb so I don't know if they found the owner or if she had come out to check on the puppy or what the story was exactly.  ???  Not sure why anyone would want to bring their dog to the faire anyway, unless they thought they could bring it in with them. 
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

CatAshtrophy

That poor puppy. Hopefully it will be okay.

Var Greyshadow

I remember that pup!  Cute little thing.  I hope it's OK!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Ottheinrich

Quote from: Lady Ann of Draycott on May 28, 2008, 09:32:31 AM
I'm not sure if it was the same puppy or not, but when we were leaving we saw a woman sitting in the back seat of a car parked at the front of the FOF row.  The door was open and there was the cutest tan and white puppy sitting on the ground next to her.  We stopped and chatted for a few minutes and petted the puppy.  I'm really not sure what the story was and why she was just sitting in the back seat of the car there with the puppy but the puppy seamed to be fine.  She was dressed in garb so I don't know if they found the owner or if she had come out to check on the puppy or what the story was exactly.  ???  Not sure why anyone would want to bring their dog to the faire anyway, unless they thought they could bring it in with them. 

That was the same pup and I told them that Scarby did not let pets in and she got real short with me saying "YES THEY WILL because hes on a leash"

cyberrennie

It happens allot according to First Aid. We saw the GM with a shepherd on a golf cart one hot day coming from the parking lot to the front gate. Looked like the dog was enjoying the ride, lol.