News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Yay! Student days are over!

Started by The Scotsquatch, February 18, 2010, 06:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Scotsquatch

Two Thursdays in a row of maurauding hoards of children, the second right after a 3 day weekend...oi vey!!!  We love the student days because they buy the heck out of our catapults, and the children are the future patrons of Renfaire if we leave a good impression on them...but DANG we're exhausted!

I'm taking the rest of the day off, but have to work a LONG day tomorrow to finish all the catapults for this coming weekend!  We worked until 1am Tuesday and Wednesday to have all the small kids day catapults ready...

Whew!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

crazyrennie

Agreeing on the Happiness of student days being over!
How are you liking AZ?

The Scotsquatch

We LOVE Arizona!  Now that the opening hell weeks are almost over we'll be able to catch our breath and see some of it, including the Grand Canyon!  Can't wait!  The weather this time of year is as perfect as perfect can be, the local people are nice and normal...lol...the desert is beautiful, the Superstion Mountains are glorious, the big cacti are really really neat, you can see EVERY star at night, and my wife hasn't complained about a bad hair day even ONCE since we got here...lmao!

Still encountering the same problem we get everywhere outside the Northeast though...no good pizza anywhere!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

ladyharrogate

Just curious Scotsquatch, do you like the split student days better or just doing it in one week and getting it over?   

The Scotsquatch

I think I'm good with them being split...at least its only one day of production that we lost instead of two during a work week.  Since we make everything ourselves on site, having 2 in a row is even tougher on us.  That said, now that I am more familiar with this faire and with Carolina, from now on I'll be rolling into both shows with more than enough stock to cover the kids days and the opening weekends.  Doing it for Arizona is pretty easy...we have almost 2 months off during the winter right before the show.  Carolina is the hard one...we only have a week to get from NY to NC, after having done the NYRF and then the Cloisters in Manhattan.  THAT is the hard one to coordinate having stock for since it has 2 kids days in a row the first week.

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

crazyrennie

Just so you know Barro's Pizza is fairly good-not sure if there is one closr to Faire site though

Crazy

Kate

We miss you guys (and Daphne the Duck!) in Tampa.  It isn't the same without you guys next to the Floggers' booth!  :(  Misssss yoouus.
Kate
Pink'n Penny

The Scotsquatch

Barro's Pizza?  Hmmmmm...we'll have to check it out!  We actually had some decent pizza today at a place called Red Brick Pizza...pretty good...not the best, especially by our pizza-snob northeast standards, but not bad at all!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

The Scotsquatch

We miss you too, Kate!  And I can't believe they moved our franchised booth away from the Floggers!  Its that Evil Creep Of A Woman that wasn't even in range of our marshmallows that got it moved...she bullied the poor craft coordinator into moving the booth because marshmallows were "distracting her customers" and we weren't there personally to stop it.  Now of course this is right after the Evil Creep Of A Woman STOLE that spot from our dear friends Mick and Ella last year.  Mick and Ella are the ones that own and operate Cornish Mushrooms, you know, the really cool chainsaw carved mushrooms?  We're gonna fight to have the booth put back next to the Floggers next year.  And if we can, we'll try to get Cornish Mushrooms back in thier old spot!  The Floggers love us, and Sandman loves us, and we all help each other out attracting customers.  That little corner was FUN until ECOAW messed it up.  We won't let that ECOAW steal our Renfaire fun just because she doesn't know how to hawk and have fun herself...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

ladyharrogate

Kev, that's good to know.  I hope I'll get to see you in Carolina this year.  I run the childrens troupe and they LOVE the catapults so I'm sure at some point it will happen.  Perhaps I just need to order enough for a marshmallow catapult war between the nobles and the children...not to mention our princesses could have lots of fun with them on the parapet (hehe).

Kate

Quote from: The Scotsquatch on March 02, 2010, 09:12:44 PM
We miss you too, Kate!  And I can't believe they moved our franchised booth away from the Floggers!  Its that Evil Creep Of A Woman that wasn't even in range of our marshmallows that got it moved...she bullied the poor craft coordinator into moving the booth because marshmallows were "distracting her customers" and we weren't there personally to stop it.  Now of course this is right after the Evil Creep Of A Woman STOLE that spot from our dear friends Mick and Ella last year.  Mick and Ella are the ones that own and operate Cornish Mushrooms, you know, the really cool chainsaw carved mushrooms?  We're gonna fight to have the booth put back next to the Floggers next year.  And if we can, we'll try to get Cornish Mushrooms back in thier old spot!  The Floggers love us, and Sandman loves us, and we all help each other out attracting customers.  That little corner was FUN until ECOAW messed it up.  We won't let that ECOAW steal our Renfaire fun just because she doesn't know how to hawk and have fun herself...lol!

Kev

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

In other amusing news, as I was reshaping and reassembling my hat, I found a very stale, very dusty marshmallow!
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Lady Isabella

Hey I like that idea...."A marshmellow fight among the nobles!" Would be sooo fun at closing gate. Gonna talk to my fellow nobles!

Marcos Charron

I have been terrorizing the chickens with my mallow launcher,

Terrorized, but full of marshmallows they are.

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Apolonia

Quote from: Marcos Charron on March 15, 2010, 03:59:34 PM
I have been terrorizing the chickens with my mallow launcher,

Terrorized, but full of marshmallows they are.

Marcos

Hmmm, I sense the need for a cat and dog terrorizer in my house... Thanks for the idea, Marcos!