News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sad loss for TRF and CRF

Started by holierthanthou, February 26, 2010, 01:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holierthanthou

For those of you who knew Sarge and Anna (Robert & Anna Boyer)... wonderful people as well as cooks, Anna passed away last week. 
At CRF her kitchen was down by the joust and corporate. The kitchen that provided the cast with water, lemonade and tea before parade.
She had a quick wit and sweet Germanic accent.
She will sadly be missed, but she has gone home to be with Sarge.
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Demetrius

Anna was one of the sweetest, kindest and most genuine people I have ever known. She was also amazingly vibrant and always filled with an energy hard to keep up with. The news is still a shock.

Because Anna worked behind the scenes there are many who were not fortunate enough to have met her. Nonetheless, I can assure you her presence at the faire made an enormous difference. The young people who worked out front, of which my daughter Roxanne was one, loved her and Sarge dearly. All who worked with her, even for such brief periods of time, have had their lives made better just by having known her.

I will miss Anna terribly. Her son, Rick, described all those who worked with her at faire as "her family." There are no words truer to describe how those of us who knew her feel.

Rest in peace Anna!

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Blushing

My thoughts go out to her friends and family.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

CapnJack

That's too bad.  I always hear about people like this and wish I had gotten or taken the chance to meet them myself.  Seems like we're losing a lot lately.
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain