News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fire?

Started by Sitara, March 28, 2010, 10:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sitara

I got a message on Facebook saying that AZRF is/was on fire!  Queen's Kitchen has burnt down and there are a myriad of firetrucks!  I hope you all are safe and well!!!
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

renfairephotog

I hope everyone is alright.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

Twig the Fairy via FB

There was a fire at the festival this morning, every one is ok, and we will still be opening (possibly 15-45 minutes late)
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

groomporter

The AZRF Facebook page says

QuoteThere was a minor kitchen fire at the festival this morning. It has been contained and the Festival will be open at 10:30a.m. a half hour later then normal. See you all soon as we celebrate the last day of the 22nd season. Thank you for your calls of concern.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Marcos Charron

Well,

This year we saw, fire, floods, the flu and more!

See the link for more pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/mcaronone#!/album.php?aid=37636&id=1204255311&ref=mf

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

SirBlackFox

I had Cuppy on scene from CA. . .flew in for the event. . . . photo spread in an upcoming Faire Magazine.
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Zoë

Goodness.  I saw some pictures on Myspace courtesy of Sarviarose.  I'm so glad that nobody was hurt.  Scary.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

The Scotsquatch

I was there in the Inner Circle and evacuated before the propane tanks might have exploded.

And I have this to say about it all.

When I was first aroused from bed to evacuate and looked out my window, the flames and smoke were so high I thought the whole faire would burn down in minutes!  HUGE high flames and black smoke reaching towards the heavens, and that isn't even exageration or poetic licence!

10 minutes later, the local fire departments had the fire under control.

30 minutes later, the flames were out and the only smoke was white steam smoke.

We were woken up to evacuate at 7:05 am.  The faire opened up just a half hour late!  

You have to understand that it was windy, the flames were engulfing at least one building and spreading, there were 2 HUGE propane tanks in the midst of it all, the buildings at this whole faire are dry tinder boxes...and the local fire departments had it contained in mere minutes!

And then there was the faire staff under the direction of Jeff Siegel!  Working together, they had the faire opened totally at 10:30, just a half hour late!  

Don't ever say a negative word around me about Jeff or his staff...Patti and I will have to rip your heart out!  They rock, and the local FD and PD rocks, and that is all there is to it!

The only injury was to Frank, the head of security.  Like the hero he is, he rushed into the fray to make sure that everyone was safe and got some minor smoke inhalation.  He was at the cast party tonight right as rain.  All hail the new John Wayne!  He rocks too!!!  If you know Frank and see him, he has earned the nickname The Duke, so use it and watch him blush and downplay his role in it all!

So the end of the story is that the faire opened just a little late, and was super busy...and we and all the other vendors did just fine!

Next stop for us is Georgia!  See y'all there!

Kev

Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

Zoë

Man, massive kudos to our firefighters.  They do amazing things!  Thanks be to them that more of the faire was not damaged and nobody was hurt!!  It sounds like a horrible situation was averted. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

crazyrennie

Again,
Thanks to the great firefighters and local crew at the Ren Fair-there were no injuries to any creatures.
Hey its right next to the Falconers Heath-so I am very glad that all of the humans and birds were safe.

Crazy

Marcos Charron

CR

Glad no one in the loft got hurt. Those birds are a wonder to behold and their safety is a huge responsibility to those in charge.

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!