News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How to Find...

Started by wickedwillingwench, May 19, 2010, 11:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wickedwillingwench

a good seamstress for Ren Faire gowns that is also affordable?

It's a bit difficult with the internet putting you in touch with folks from all over (and a blessing as well)...I need to find a good, reliable, affordable seamstress for at least two gowns...possibly more..for my wedding next April. 

Any ideas how to go about locating such a fine lady?

TIA
the wench

DonaCatalina

Lady Kathleen of Olmstead on this Forum does custom garb, as well as Kate XXXX.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

operafantomet

Kate XXXXXX

Quote from: DonaCatalina on May 19, 2010, 01:15:27 PM
Lady Kathleen of Olmstead on this Forum does custom garb, as well as Kate XXXX.

I'm in the UK, if that helps...

wickedwillingwench

awesome.  I didn't know I could do a 'help wanted' post on etsy.

Kate XXX, i am afraid the UK is a bit far to travel for a fitting...BUT...well, helll, I'd love to go to London again. :)

Kate XXXXXX

if you do, let me know and we'll meet up.  I only live just over an hour by train from Victoria, right in the middle of London.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

One of these years, I want to make it acrossed the pond. But where you will find me is at the museums studying the extant clothing of the Tudor through Victorian periods, Art galleries, Estate homes of famed peers, etc.

Sleep! Who sleeps??? ;D
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

operafantomet

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on May 20, 2010, 08:55:44 AM
One of these years, I want to make it acrossed the pond. But where you will find me is at the museums studying the extant clothing of the Tudor through Victorian periods, Art galleries, Estate homes of famed peers, etc.

Sleep! Who sleeps??? ;D
You need to go to Tuscany. Seriously. The collection in Pisa (Palazzo Reale) along with the one in Florence (Palazzo Pitti) might be tiny, but the items there are utterly fantastic. Seeing the red Pisa dress for the first time was quite an experience. Even in you're not into Italian/Florentine style! The museums also have "newer" (I.E. 18th and 19th century) attires.

But London is good too... Always!

wickedwillingwench

operafan,

Italy has been my dream for many years and I am delighted to report that my Prince is taking me there in January!  Rome, Florence, Siena, Venice and Milan.  I am going to try to score tix to LaScala for while we're there.  Season is announced tomorrow...wish me luck!

DonaCatalina

Quote from: wickedwillingwench on May 20, 2010, 01:11:25 PM
operafan,

Italy has been my dream for many years and I am delighted to report that my Prince is taking me there in January!  Rome, Florence, Siena, Venice and Milan.  I am going to try to score tix to LaScala for while we're there.  Season is announced tomorrow...wish me luck!

Must see Uffizi Gallery and Eleanor de Toledo!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess