News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Suggestions for back pain

Started by ladybootlegger, May 30, 2010, 07:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladybootlegger

I was rear-ended during a blizzard in March of 2009, and although my medical treatment was going well... I was laid off from my job in January, which of course terminated my medical benefits, and therefore my treatment.

Since then the pain in my lower back has been steadily getting worse. I've continued all of the physical therapy exercises, use the inversion table, hot pads, etc. However, the pain is now to the point where it almost brings me to tears to get out of bed in the mornings. Luckily, once I am up and moving, I can typically keep going without too much pain.

Does anyone have any ideas of something I can do? Would Yoga help? Any.... and I mean ANY suggestions?
I'm the one going to Hell, you were only watching.
~Billy Connolly

Trillium

check with a massage therapist, they may be able to help depending on your injuries.  a deep tissue or trigger point may help out.
Got faerie dust?

Capt. Morgan

Exactly what I was going to say (and not just because I am a massage therapist!  ;) ) See if you can locate a massage school near you...student prices are always reduced (like $35 instead of $60-$70!) Acupuncture /Acupressure might help as well and if you can find a Reiki practioner...try that too!
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Merlin

Holy cow....did I start this thread?
You are ME!

I suffer the same way.... here's what I have done and am doing:

Shoes:  Get good inserts...go to a runner store and get good inserts and always wear good shoes.

Bed: Get a body pillow... always sleep with the pillow between your legs. NEVER allow yourself to "belly-sleep".

Chiropractor: I did a 6 week stint with the chiropractor... may work for some...did not work for me.

TIMS: Get a TIMS machine to use at home...helps a lot.

Physical therapy: I'm going through that now and it is very painful but my pain management Dr. has prescribed me some good meds to counter the pain from this.

Make sure you get an MRI also.... low back pain isn't always curable (I'm finding out) but with enough therapy and drugs... it can be tolerable..(hopefully)
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making