News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What are you looking forward to @ Bristol 2010?

Started by Mademoiselle D, June 15, 2010, 09:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

The mead stinks.  It is absolutely awful.

One of the best buys is the Saspirilla (sp?) that sells for  $1.  It comes in a big cup, tastes good, and if you bring your own alcohol (prohibited though), you can slip it in.

Caveat:  My son brought a mini keg of beer & left it in the trunk of the car in the parking lot.  He and a friend went outside and sat in the car for a drink.  Security came and confiscated it, even though he was sitting inside the car.  So if you bring alcohol, be prudent!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lord Magnus

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on July 01, 2010, 06:28:15 PM
The mead stinks.  It is absolutely awful.

One of the best buys is the Saspirilla (sp?) that sells for  $1.  It comes in a big cup, tastes good, and if you bring your own alcohol (prohibited though), you can slip it in.

Caveat:  My son brought a mini keg of beer & left it in the trunk of the car in the parking lot.  He and a friend went outside and sat in the car for a drink.  Security came and confiscated it, even though he was sitting inside the car.  So if you bring alcohol, be prudent!
Yes they wont allow any drinking out in the lot. I ve seen rennies and mundanes alike get there beverages confiscated and in some cases asked to leave the faire all together. And I agree the mead is horrible, the beer/ale selection is pretty good though.
"What God abandoned, these defended,
  And saved the sum of things for pay".

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Lord Magnus on July 01, 2010, 05:15:36 PM
Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on July 01, 2010, 12:27:09 PM
this will be our first progress to this shire - anything the inhabitants recommend not to miss?  Food?  Acts?  Libations?
Bristol has a good selection of Libations. And we are supposed to have scotch available this year as well.  The acts are great (check out the swordsman's last show of the day its always the wildest and to me the best). Hope you have fun which weekend are you coming?

August 7/8
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Dayna

Do stop by FoF, we can give you suggestions for shows, food, shopping, just ask. 

And please Do Not get caught bringing alcohol through the gates.  We don't check your mugs on the way out, but it is Not a good idea to leave with anything alcoholic visible.  Bringing alcohol onto site, even the parking lot, is strictly forbidden.  If you choose to sneak it in, please be circumspect about imbibing, if it's seen, security will do their job and pour it out.  I support them in that, and request plausible deniability, what I don't know I can't tell.

The latest info I have is that hard liquor "shots" will NOT be available, although fruity concoctions made with hard liquor may be.  The availability of fruity concoctions HAS NOT been confirmed by anyone from the management, the non-availability of hard liquor "shots" HAS.

Sasparilla is a GREAT deal, it's available both diet and regular. 
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

EvilKittie

Are we able to eat in the parking lot? Last season some friends grilled out in the free parking lot, but I'm wondering if it's ok to bring some subs in a cooler and eat out in our cars in the $3 main lot.

Dayna

Yes, a lot of people do that.  However, you cannot bring your sandwich and/or your drink inside the gates, and I'd suggest NOT setting up a picnic table next to the car. 
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

EvilKittie

i just plan on setting a blanket down on the grass :)

Fencer Tiberius

Bristol is my home faire, and yes, I am answering a bit after the fact.  I made the plunge last year and went "on the road" and worked faire.  Granted, it was short-lived, but I got to work TRF.  It was a life-changing cathartic experience.  I look forward to many things at this year's BRF run.  One of my favorite things is to engage the patrons, especially the children.  When I can make a small child who is "having a bad day" laugh and smile, and in turn make their parents happy by pulling out the juggling balls, or treat the little faerie like a princess, that is what it is all about.  I also look forward to seeing friends again - both my playtron friends from Bristol and other places, and the rennie friends who I met and got to know from my trip to Texas.  Lastly, performing as a musician with the drum jam core drumming group is very deep rooted in my soul.  I hope to see you all there!